The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I realized that selling my MF gear would probably mean to give it away for (IMO) too low prices I ended up in keeping it (at least so far).
Since right now I dont feel the patience and creativity to shoot "real" MF subjects I decided to also use MF more often again for snapshots.
Here is one with the 80 Xenotar at f2.8, ISO 800.
And yes- I guess the milk tasted good.

I still really do like the drawing of the Hy6-lenses and also of the Sinar back. ISO 800 is fully usable IMO (not only when reduced for web)
I love this photo. You say it is a snapshot and perhaps it is in the since that it isn't staged, but it has such a pure quality to it I see it as more than a snapshot.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have to agree that truly is a killer image. Your daughter I would assume will love you for it as she gets older.

Actually I added a little vignetting to it Tom and makes it stand out a touch. Hope you don't mind

Paratom

thank you for all the kinds comments The problem with photographs of own kids is that you allways find them cute and its sometimes hard to judge which images are good and which are just a snapshot.
I had fun today using my Hy6 again after several weeks.

baxter

A couple of shots from one of the better sunrises I experienced this summer whilst in Cornwall. This is Newlyn Harbour looking across Mount's Bay which has the wonderful St Michael's Mount landmark at the far side. Portrait is shot with 28mm lens with no filters, the landscape shot with the 45mm using a 1.5 stop ND grad.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Two new images from my bodyscape series. I'm trying to expand the dimensions of this series - literally. I've found a lot of the early work I did in this series is just too flat. Assembling a few models in one place I think I've created some worthwhile images with more depth and layers.

Phase One P40+, Hasselblad H2 Body, Variety of Lenses (35-210mm), single Profoto Octobank. Shot tethered to Capture One with my Bodyscape Style applied at capture (curves, red filtered black and white, with a few tweaks).

Criticism very welcome. More images along the same vain here.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Phase One P45+ on Hasselblad H2 body with HC100mm/2.2 lens. Shot tethered to Capture One with high-key, slightly desaturated, highly clarified style applied at capture.

Criticism always welcome. More similar images here.

Personal Work

etrump

two new photos, first one was from last weekend and the second was from tonight :) both shot with H4D-40 and 35-90mm

This is a saltlake about 180kms from where I live, not often you find it with water in it!
Will, that first image in the salt lake is incredible. :thumbs:

etrump

Have to agree that truly is a killer image. Your daughter I would assume will love you for it as she gets older.

Actually I added a little vignetting to it Tom and makes it stand out a touch. Hope you don't mind
I agree with Guy, awesome candid - I love it. The vignetting does add some pop to an already great image.

etrump

Doug,

Second bodyscape is great, interesting series. I saw the Natasha images on your blog and liked them a lot. The high key is killer. I like the second one as well and think one with a little rim light might work as well as a close crop of her face framed by the dark hair that totally blends into the dark. Beautiful model nicely captured.

Ed

kuau

Workshop Member
Doug
Very Prestigious.

Two new images from my bodyscape series. I'm trying to expand the dimensions of this series - literally. I've found a lot of the early work I did in this series is just too flat. Assembling a few models in one place I think I've created some worthwhile images with more depth and layers.

Phase One P40+, Hasselblad H2 Body, Variety of Lenses (35-210mm), single Profoto Octobank. Shot tethered to Capture One with my Bodyscape Style applied at capture (curves, red filtered black and white, with a few tweaks).

Criticism very welcome. More images along the same vain here.

Personal Work

Paratom

Doug,
I really like those with the desaturated look and I do like the model!

Phase One P45+ on Hasselblad H2 body with HC100mm/2.2 lens. Shot tethered to Capture One with high-key, slightly desaturated, highly clarified style applied at capture.

Criticism always welcome. More similar images here.

Personal Work

topgreat

I went back to my hometown in the north of Thailand. I had a short time to take some pictures during a visit in a temple. Pictures taken with Phase One 80mm f/2.8 D on Phase One 645AFD.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice composition Graham! I would have preferred a different expression on the model though, maybe a slight smile?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Criticism always welcome.
Doug,

Both of these are stellar compositions, and I like the bleach-bypass look processing. Great expressions on the model too! (Pretty models is one thing, but having expressions that make them alluring is another, and this one has it all ...)

Don Libby

Nice composition Graham! I would have preferred a different expression on the model though, maybe a slight smile?
Maybe she's telling Graham "hands off my apples".

Very nice image; and I'll admit to liking just the way it is as you can read many things in her expression - then again I'm a landscape photographer...

Status
Not open for further replies.