The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAlKhamis

Very nice. Looks like you are getting the hang of your new system.
Thanks Guy, i'm so glad that you liked it, :thumbup: and yes after some frustration in the beginning, i manged to kind understand the dynamics of using DMF, thanks to your great forum, i won't make it without you guys, i really appreciate it :clap:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Guy, i'm so glad that you liked it, :thumbup: and yes after some frustration in the beginning, i manged to kind understand the dynamics of using DMF, thanks to your great forum, i won't make it without you guys, i really appreciate it :clap:
Thanks you just made the forums day in helping someone out. Honestly the folks here live to help others.

etrump

Your killing me Ed, I leave next week to head to the fall colors. I'm dying here waiting to go. Great shot
:D Don't fret it Guy, you will probably do much better than I did. The color was not as good as it looks and I was pretty frustrated and came home a week early. My timing was just off this year. The color was early, I was late and the weather did not cooperate. Too hot, hazy and smokey for vista shots and the leaves all had enough damage that the intimate scenes were not that pristine condition I look for. I just couldn't seem to snag a printable image other than two really nice ones shot by moonlight at 4am.

This summer in Colorado everything went outstanding so it ended up being a win some/lose some situation for me.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Ed we are either hoping it holds for next week or has not started yet. AZ just got nailed with a really bad storm with millions of dollars of hail damage around the state . You should see my neighbors car looked like a tommy gun went off on it and we had 3 recorded tornadoes touch down in AZ. Nasty storm so hopefully everything further north is good. You at least pulled off a good capture and end of day all that matters

SergeiR

;)

RZ67 ProIID + Mamiya ZD back + some retouching (sharp lenses + sharp digital.. )

I need to figure out good way to shoot this beast from tripod and yet be mobile. I am too used to move around set freely and so far it kills me every now and then b/c of shake. Then again, too me a while to get hang of AFD body, so may be its just a phase of growing up more muscles ;)

SergeiR

Sergei, I love the lighting on this. Interesting pose too.
thanks. Its dead simple usual lighting - main with octabank angled a bit down from left, gridded hair from far-above-right and gridded splat of light on background. Nothing fancy. I usually do very different setup, b/c i dont like broad light (plus AB with regular octa is beyound dull, IMHO) , but this was just preset and i kinda rolled with it.

Normally i am taking my time with gridded thingies ;) Control freak ;)

AFDIII (55mm W/N-L lens afaik) + 54s Leaf

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

thanks. Its dead simple usual lighting - main with octabank angled a bit down from left, gridded hair from far-above-right and gridded splat of light on background. Nothing fancy. I usually do very different setup, b/c i dont like broad light (plus AB with regular octa is beyound dull, IMHO) , but this was just preset and i kinda rolled with it.

Normally i am taking my time with gridded thingies ;) Control freak ;)

AFDIII (55mm W/N-L lens afaik) + 54s Leaf

Nice look to this. Well done

SergeiR

KeithL - thanks. Basically for me, as i portrait shooter main reason to roll into MFD was to get better skin rendition. I got fed up with issues when you shooting someone with good cheekbone structure, and then having blobs of flat colours where smooth gradients of shadowed skin should be. I tend to shoot more darkish scenes, so that was just getting really irritating. I am still drooling over new backs (P65+ i SO WANT ONE), but even old-ish ZD, being 14 bits can outrun most of new FFs with 14 bit when it comes to do portraiture. And of course true 16 bit backs do it even better. But i still have assortment of dSLRs to shoot when i need long reach/high iso stuff or just need something quick and dirty. So its kind of "each job needs its tool" thing.

Guy - thanks ;)

ceh

;)

RZ67 ProIID + Mamiya ZD back + some retouching (sharp lenses + sharp digital.. )

I need to figure out good way to shoot this beast from tripod and yet be mobile. I am too used to move around set freely and so far it kills me every now and then b/c of shake. Then again, too me a while to get hang of AFD body, so may be its just a phase of growing up more muscles ;)
Sergei,
očeň krasívoje - very nice:)

fotografz

;)

Get a grip. Tame the monster. :thumbup: (Click the Pic for bigger view).

-Marc

Don Libby

We've been in Jackson since Monday afternoon and it's now the close of the 3rd full day of shooting. This was taken this morning shortly after sunrise on Mormon Row. Cambo WRS1000/P45+ 10mm shifts Schneider 72mm lens all on top of a Cube. Image was processed with a combination of CS5 and C1 Pro. This was processed on a laptop and a better processing will be done once we get home and put the images on the studio computer.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.