The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professional

I will go out soon in about 1.5 hour, and it is morning here, so it is daylight, and i was thinking if i should shoot something with my H4D-60, it will be outdoor shots, so tell me, how do you want me to test and how, what f-stop? what iso? and what shutter speed even? handhold or tripod?
It will be a cityscape shots mostly, so let me know how do you like me to test as maybe some people here [or on LL] may ask me for larger size, so i want to be sure that i did it right rather than shoot and then it is not fair nuf test.

Professional

Couple from Bodie. Gold Mining town on the Eastern Sierra's

You know something? I am a landscape photographer and i like your landscape photos, but i really love those shots more than your landscape photos, in fact landscape photos didn't make me much interest now as i am far away from it and i feel i am unlucky that i can't do it by myself as you, but those indoor shots are truly something else, my favorite are the first and the last ones, thanks for sharing.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A storm formed over Mono Lake as we were returning from Bodie. P65+, 80LS, 4-frame stitch:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here it is in B&W -- I am curious if you all think it works better this way or in color -- or even if I should just scrap it altogether and move on to something else ;):

Valentin

Here it is in B&W -- I am curious if you all think it works better this way or in color -- or even if I should just scrap it altogether and move on to something else ;):
I like the color version better. I think this image would be more powerful as a panorama (just the middle part).

Professional

The color version is great, but i really prefer the B&W more, to me it depends, some shots are better with colors, and some is better as B&W, here the color is not that so much interesting even great so i prefer the B&W.
I agree that it will be better as panorama, or if you can try a different composition.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I like them both - quite different moods. The color is impressive but cheerful - the B&W moody and reflective. Depends what mood you want to communicate.
Bill

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
With Singh-ray gradual ND filter?
Nope, I didn't use any filters; that's pretty much "as-captured" from the Phase. FWIW, the only filters I carry anymore are regular ND and a polarizer, and I basically never use the polarizer...

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I prefer the color version too, but I've decided to work up and print both to compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.