The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

surrealistic and very nice. unusual colors. How did you get these colors?
Thank you Peter, Guy and Jack.

Peter, the colors occur naturally, I increased saturation and contrast about 10% in C1 but nothing in the way of hue manipulation.

From my blog entry:

"The low angle of the late Autumn sun mutes colors in the canyon to shades of red, orange, purple and blue. *The deeper the shadow the cooler the light reflecting off the red sandstone appears to the camera."

PeterL

I like the B&W version better jack, loving the Fall photos too! a pano from the weekend I went down south. 3 image stitch H4D-40 and 35-90mm

A wonderful image indeed! I'm curious to know how you handled the stitching with the moving surf. It seems there is a bit of seam visible, in the moving surf just a bit above the right most corner of the rock on the beach, or is it just my imagination? Anyway, beautiful capture for sure.

Cheers, -Peter

Professional

Nice terrific shots all of you!
I feel no one can get bad results with MFD, because you are talented and knowledgable already before getting any MFD ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice terrific shots all of you!
I feel no one can get bad results with MFD, because you are talented and knowledgable already before getting any MFD ;)
Nope -- we all sucked until we got into MF. :D

Seriously, MF does force you to shoot more carefully and when you shoot more carefully, you get better results. Shooting with a view or tech camera even more so. Many of us however went to MF back in the film days, so the MF digital transition was a lot easier -- heck, it was desired!

Professional

Nope -- we all sucked until we got into MF. :D

Seriously, MF does force you to shoot more carefully and when you shoot more carefully, you get better results. Shooting with a view or tech camera even more so. Many of us however went to MF back in the film days, so the MF digital transition was a lot easier -- heck, it was desired!
I went to MF film this year after i started with Digital MF last year, so i am going opposite direction, and in fact i was learning with Canon DSLRs, so it was not a big problem to use MF good enough as i use 35mm digital.

thanks everyone, Peter it stitched pretty good, I tried to take each photo as quick as possible, there are a couple of small spots that need a bit of cloning which still needs to be done :) Jack you sure are right about being more careful with the MFD, Shooting with the 5d mkII before you could just put it on F/16 and shoot away pretty much, I do like how there needs to be more input though and using the viewfinder again has helped me see new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.