The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It may be my monitor, but I am seeing lots of sharpening artifacts in the high-frequency areas that B&W xpixel, like it is WAYYYYY over-sharpenend with a detail routine. You may want to take a look at your sharpening workflow.

Valentin

This is my first time post in this thread. Phase One DF + Leaf Aptus II 10 + 300mm F4.5. No color editing. Sunset in Alaska.
So you can see Russia from Alaska after all :D (you know what I mean if you are familiar with US politics).

Nice image Nik.

fotografz

Thanks Bill. It looks ok on my 27" iMac. I will post a less sharpened version later today for other monitor viewers... ;)
Maybe you have to lower the default sharpening for those Leica lenses ... :D

Looks way over sharpened on my 30" Mac monitors.

-Marc

ThoDi

Thomas, very nice series, glacier #2 is my favorite --- really nice!
Thank you Jack. Here are at last 3 images. First and second are from Norway with Contax 645, P25 and Vario-Sonnar 45-90. The third image is from Tullamore in Ireland with Contax 645, Fuji Velvia 100, Sonnar 210 and scanned with Imacon Flextight 646.

Thomas

yaya

One of my favourite views of London. Looking South-East from Alexandra Palace:

Aptus-II 12, 645DF with 80mm LS, the buildings in the crop are 12 kilometres away...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thomas, I have to admit that your scan of Velvia is looking better than I remember it being for me :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bill. It looks ok on my 27" iMac. I will post a less sharpened version later today for other monitor viewers... ;)
FWIW, it still looks significantly oversharpened to me on my 15" MBP monitor too, so I do not think it is just a monitor issue. It is more likely a difference in our sharpening aesthetics...

ThoDi

Thomas, I have to admit that your scan of Velvia is looking better than I remember it being for me :)
Jack, I'm also very impressed about the scanning results. The image is scanned with 360 dpi. The 646 is the best scanner I've ever used but it is a lot of work to scan (use gloves, remove dust before scan). Now I love the work with the Phase one backs. This evening I get a refurbished P45+ for my P25. I hope I can post some images soon.

Thomas

Christopher

Here two shots from today, nothing special except the lens ;-)

P65 Single Image

1:1

P65 Two Images stitched in landscape oriantation.

1:1 right bottom corner ( 15mm shift )

All 1:1 are sharpened at 35/0,4.

Status
Not open for further replies.