The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This version is certainly beautiful, but I also liked something in the unrealistic look of the (over)sharpened image. It made the branches appear harder and vaguely threatening, almost crystalline.

I must read too much sci-fi. :)

Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here is the less sharpend version...

This is so much better. Honestly your over sharpening has been killing your images and you have some great shots too. This is so much better. In MF you need very very little sharpening if any. I put a very small base on my P40+ files and even when i print very large i don't add anymore. What you really are after is a look or smoothness in a image. The over sharpening just looks more like a point and shoot and you Leica glass really does need any.

Seriously if you really want to see how good your files are and that goes for any MF files get a wide gamut monitor. A world of difference between these NEC, Eizo VS the Mac monitors .

xpixel

This is so much better. Honestly your over sharpening has been killing your images and you have some great shots too. This is so much better. In MF you need very very little sharpening if any. I put a very small base on my P40+ files and even when i print very large i don't add anymore. What you really are after is a look or smoothness in a image. The over sharpening just looks more like a point and shoot and you Leica glass really does need any.

Seriously if you really want to see how good your files are and that goes for any MF files get a wide gamut monitor. A world of difference between these NEC, Eizo VS the Mac monitors .

Thanks for your advice, i appreciate it.

KeithL

To be fair to xpixel, I woke up to a similar snowy scene this morning, and guess what, suddenly the world does look too contrasty and very over-sharpened!

Christopher

impressive!
are you just testing or did you buy it?
bought it. Arca had one, which was available right away, the Schneider would have taken till Feb/March.

I don't know how well the Schneider 28 holds up when shifted, but I'm really happy with the 32. (It has it's price ......)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

This one is SIGNIFICANTLY better, but honestly my own preference would be to dial it back a little more still -- the fine detail in the bushes across the river still appear gritty instead of smooth. Anyway, it is MUCH better, and as long as you like it, that's what counts!

Leigh

Perhaps a less sharpened (i.e. original from the camera) would be even better.

The sharpened images look too phony and theatrical.

Nice shot, but the rendering leaves much to be desired.

Just one man's opinion, worth what you paid for it. :rolleyes:

- Leigh

thomas

bought it. Arca had one, which was available right away, the Schneider would have taken till Feb/March.
cool!
May I ask how much the light falloff is at f11?
And what do you think about handling the lens regarding its weight. Cambo told me you should pack the lens wrapped and and stored in a separate box (holding the lens on four sides) as otherwise the shutter may break due to vibration during transport.

Have fun! Looking forward to your "review" ;)

Christopher

at f11 it is around 0,8-1 stop on the edges and 1,2-1,5 in the very corners. As soon as I have more time I will write more about the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.