The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby - nice.. makes me question my decision to not go longer than 150 on 645.. :)
Thanks Sergei.

I have to admit I don't know how to use a wide angle lens, lol :D... I've used virtually (in 35mm terms) between 35mm and 135mm my whole career. The 210 is a bit longer still (around 165mm with my back in 35mm-speak), but I love the semi-long telephoto look it affords.

I'm still trying to figure out if my wide should be the 35mm or if I should just go for the 28mm and learn how to use it. Gotta save some cash before I even think about any of that stuff though.

BTW... the 210/4 ULD is so ridiculously cheap on the used market that you can't go wrong just trying it out.

SergeiR

BTW... the 210/4 ULD is so ridiculously cheap on the used market that you can't go wrong just trying it out.
I had a bit of utterly bad run with KEH lately. So are , apparently quite a few of my russian readers. So i am a bit reluctant at the moment..

Anyway - on lengths - i am actually other way around - first angles i tend to cover are around 35mm and 60mm (effective in 135 equivalent, not marked). I dont like to shoot long telephoto as it flattens things too much :) Helps with animals, thats why i want one now, after looking at your stuff ;)

I think 28mm is fish eye, is it not? 35mm is widest "super wide" , which i have manual copy of. Its a nice small lens. And 77mm makes it great lens, b/c i can swap filters between RZ lenses and this one ;))) I.e neutral density & polarizers .

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think 28mm is fish eye, is it not? 35mm is widest "super wide" , which i have manual copy of. Its a nice small lens. And 77mm makes it great lens, b/c i can swap filters between RZ lenses and this one ;))) I.e neutral density & polarizers .
The latest 28mm D certainly isn't a fish eye. The monstrous manual 24mm Mamiya was very much a fish eye lens however.

S

Shelby Lewis

Two more from my walk today... sorry for the image overkill.

My kids love going on these walks... they explore and every once in awhile they have to let me take a shot... otherwise it's free reign for them to do what kids do best. Again, my two oldest:

The cormorants come into Baton Rouge to winter-over. (web sharpening for fine detail is something I struggle with):

Cheers!

etrump

Something a little different. During my visit to Paradise Bay in the Antarctic Peninsula I took dozens of photographs of this same mountain from the deck of our ship within a span of about 5 minutes. The view kept changing every few seconds and it was an incredible experience watching the ice, water and clouds change so rapidly.

Anders_HK

Had the 24mm before when I had ZD. Found it acceptable sharp on ZD and with a mild fisheye effect due to crop sensor. The 24mm fisheye is old design for originally Mamiya 645 Pro.

When upgraded to 28MP Aptus 65 the 24 seemed not as sharp per memory, due diffraction. Sold it and went with 28mm wich is not fisheye and very sharp and rather stellar. The 28mm is a recent design for digital.

Regards
Anders

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Had the 24mm before when I had ZD. Found it acceptable sharp on ZD and with a mild fisheye effect due to crop sensor. The 24mm fisheye is old design for originally Mamiya 645 Pro.

When upgraded to 28MP Aptus 65 the 24 seemed not as sharp per memory, due diffraction. Sold it and went with 28mm wich is not fisheye and very sharp and rather stellar. The 28mm is a recent design for digital.

Regards
Anders
I had a couple of them too and concur. Not all that sharp, had significant CA, and if you de-fished, you ended up with a marginally usable effective 32mm or so...

SergeiR

Regards
Anders

Ah. Something to keep in mind , thanks :)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Something a little different. During my visit to Paradise Bay in the Antarctic Peninsula I took dozens of photographs of this same mountain from the deck of our ship within a span of about 5 minutes. The view kept changing every few seconds and it was an incredible experience watching the ice, water and clouds change so rapidly.

Ed - terrific work.

etrump

These are great 28mm shots Woody. It looks like the lens correction software is doing a great job with any WA distortion.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
These are great 28mm shots Woody. It looks like the lens correction software is doing a great job with any WA distortion.
Thanks - yes Phocus does produce files that are free of linear distortion and vignetting - in two of the images I put vignetting back in post. I'm using a circular polarizer on it - I lightened the sky with the color mixer in the mailbox shot because the tree was merging with it.

Don Libby

Just finished installing my second 30" monitor and wanted to try it out after calibration. This is the result of a 2-shot pano using the Cambo WRS and P45+ and as near as I remember the Schneider 72mm. I opened the images in C1 Pro 6.1 first then processed them into black & white before saving and opening in CS5 to do the stitch and very minor adjustments. Image was taken July 2010 on the way to Alpine AZ.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.