The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I've done some research on the Alpa 24mm XL and have found out some good news and some bad news: the largest sensor it covers is 36x48. The bad news is that it won't cover my 60 meg sensor (40x54). The good news is that I won't have to go out of pocket to buy it. Guess I'll have to wait for the 28 xl.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No Woody this will not work on your sensor size nor the P65 size. The new 23 would though. I have to send this back to Terry this week but I maybe looking for a used TC somewhere. Again

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I bought Doc Moore's TC and I love it. With the 36 its almost identical in form factor and functionality to the Hasselblad SWC - an all time favorite of mine.

The 28 XL on a 60/80 back is equivalent to a 23mm on your P40+. It translates 18mm in 35mm speak. If my college German serves me correctly the image circle on the 28 XL is 90mm, which permits panos shifting the 60/80 back 16mm each way.

No Woody this will not work on your sensor size nor the P65 size. The new 23 would though. I have to send this back to Terry this week but I maybe looking for a used TC somewhere. Again

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Woody - the 24mm and the old 60mm (Schneider Apo-Digitar 4.0/60 mm N) both are listed as 60mm image circles and not recommended for the larger sensor backs. The new 28mm is listed as having a 90mm image circle and the new 60mm (Schneider ALPA Apo-Helvetar 5.6/60 mm) will have a 120mm image circle.

Here is some more reading for you (some of it a couple years old):

Alpa Lens Overview
View attachment 40340

Rodenstock Lenses - very good info outlining the different series: HR Digaron-S, HR Digaron-W, Apo-Sironar digital, & Apo-Macro-Sironar digital
View attachment 40342

Schneider - Why Digitar
View attachment 40341

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
CMB - thanks for the reading - I had seen these on the Alpa site (which is terrific in that it provides enough technical info to permit comparisons like these). The 120 mm image circle on the 60mm will permit full (actually a few mm short on the rise end) use of the shifts available on the Alpa Max with a 60/80 meg sensor. I'm really embarrassed to say that I've bought a Max. I'm sorting out what will be a second lens for it - I want to keep this kit simple. I plan on using the H4D body for longer lenses.

Enough talk. Could someone get back to posting pictures?

Last edited:
T

the scanner-guy

..One of my first oudoor shots with my Scannercamera (excluding the initial test-shots) and the Schneider Beta Variogon 75-150. I still have some issues to solve, but the results are not that bad. Of course having a fixed exposure (about 1/125) and almost fixed sensitivity (about ISO 50) you can see why the picture is underexposed (actually it was way more under, but I managed to recover some stops in CS5).

S

Shelby Lewis

Enough talk. Could someone get back to posting pictures?
Ask and ye shall receive :D

From today's daily walk around these parts... Aptus II 6 - AFD III - 210/4 ULD

"Calligraphy 3"

"Duck abstract" :D:D

Cheers!
Shelby

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Guy, this image alone will inspire me to travel (again) to Monument Valley soon. There won't be snow, but it's such a "target rich" area that I'll accept that missing element. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ralfsworld

Hi
My first MF shot here. I did few test shots yesterday.
Captured on sunny but really cold day (-15C) is Stockholm's open type museum showing 19th century street.
H1 @ 80mm F/8, Phase One 30+

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy, this image alone will inspire me to travel (again) to Monument Valley soon. There won't be snow, but it's such a "target rich" area that I'll accept that missing element. Thanks for the inspiration.

Awesome love to hear these kinds of reactions. Makes my day as a instructor and teacher of photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.