The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
It's a scratch. The satellite idea was pretty stupid - an example of seeing what you want to see rather than what is there. The alignment is an accident.

. . . .
Back in New York I discovered that the scratch shows up on the contact sheet. This means that it was the lab's fault. I won't mention names but its a well-known firm that processes work for a number of photographers with large numbers of images in the Museum of Modern Art collection. I had a personal introduction to the owner. Nonetheless I got a scratch on the only really interesting frame in the four or five rolls that I shot.

The conclusion is not that film sucks, but that there is not the quality support and infrastructure for film that there was even five years ago. Even in New York.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Back in New York I discovered that the scratch shows up on the contact sheet. This means that it was the lab's fault. I won't mention names but its a well-known firm that processes work for a number of photographers with large numbers of images in the Museum of Modern Art collection. I had a personal introduction to the owner. Nonetheless I got a scratch on the only really interesting frame in the four or five rolls that I shot.

The conclusion is not that film sucks, but that there is not the quality support and infrastructure for film that there was even five years ago. Even in New York.
That is not good news....sometimes smaller labs pay more attention.

Bob

S

Shelby Lewis

Truly some snapshots.

Dad's latest restoration project... and older Yamaha RD350 (a 2 -stroke :eek:) street bike. He usually rides a triumph (ah, those British triples sound so nice!) but he has a sweet spot for these old bikes.

Cheers!
Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.