The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Hi, Woody...

Is this combination critically sharp?

...at all apertures?
Good question. In a word "no". It's best at f16 but not stellar at that. I was having some fun with the combination looking for a moody shot.

The 300 by itself is a terrific performer. With the starting point at 60 megs you are better off shooting the 300 by itself and cropping - rather than using the 1.7x - if you want a 500mm point of view.

S

Shelby Lewis

some snapshots from a visit with my in-laws this weekend

aptus ii 6 - 80/2.8 - either wide open or at f/4

hell on wheels...

budding pianist

one more

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

... and this is what happens when you catch your 5-year old trying to hold up two fingers, but just a bit sooner than he expects.

:D:D:D

Anders_HK

A few from today; Harbour City in Hamburg, Germany. It was a hazy, freezing day with some really beautiful light

The first two were shot with an Aptus-II 12R on a Hassy 503CW and a 60mm lens. The others are off an Aptus-II 12 on a 645DF and 80mm LS lens

Yair,

Very interesting post. What strikes me is that the first image using 503CW w/60 seem so sharp and 3D, albeit difficult to judge on web and perhaps also due different light conditions of the shots.

How do you experience the 503CW w/60 compared to DF w/80 LS as far as focus accuracy and sharpness of the images?

Did the 503CW have a split focus screen for ease of focus, and was the focus screen used calibrated using the screws, thus for focus screen to most perfect match the sensor in back?

Thank you :salute:

Regards
Anders

S

Shelby Lewis

More snapshots... aptus ii 6 - mammy 80/2.8D

DOF didn't quite make my daughter, but I kind of like the softness on her face... slight desat:

Caught this peering around the corner:

Cheers,
Shelby

yaya

Yair,

Very interesting post. What strikes me is that the first image using 503CW w/60 seem so sharp and 3D, albeit difficult to judge on web and perhaps also due different light conditions of the shots.

How do you experience the 503CW w/60 compared to DF w/80 LS as far as focus accuracy and sharpness of the images?

Did the 503CW have a split focus screen for ease of focus, and was the focus screen used calibrated using the screws, thus for focus screen to most perfect match the sensor in back?

Thank you :salute:

Regards
Anders
Hi Anders,

The 60 was set to infinity and f8, on the V series I find that when you have subjects such as that building you can actually see optical moire on fine patterns so you know it is in focus. For me personally it is much harder to focus on people, at least compared to let's say an RZ or the 645DF

The body was a borrowed one with a standard screen, no adjustments or anything, just slapped the 12R on and that was it

The lens I think is OK at f8 but to me it felt that it works best at shorter distances, like 50-200 metres. It doesn't seem to resolve details of objects that are farther away.

Also, the edges are softer than the centre. Compared to the 80LS the 80 is much sharper overall and the contrast is a bit higher as well

Yair

D

Deleted member 7792

H4D-50, HCD 35-90mm at 50mm, f/16, ISO 50

From a visit last fall to the Smokies. This is the interior of a kitchen at the Mountain Farm Museum in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's a 6-shot HDR merge using Photomatix. Due to the longest exposure being 6.3 sec., there is some movement in one of the pepper strings.

etrump

Thanks Joe. That was the first scene I photographed upon reaching Antarctica and probably the most dramatic.

The B&W seems much more dramatic than the color version:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ed, stellar shot -- I am probably a minority here, but I prefer the color version! (However, I would prolly spend some time on local edits though, especially in the chunks on the hillside ;) )

D&A

Thanks Joe. That was the first scene I photographed upon reaching Antarctica and probably the most dramatic.

The B&W seems much more dramatic than the color version:

Ed, spectacular shot!! Both the color and B&W versions are impressive, favoring the color one just a bot more. Those whispery clouds appearing to head in a vertical direction, contrast nicely with the horizontal landscape. It's just a thought, but I think personally I would like to see a little more "drama" in the B&W version...possibly with slightly higher contrast...but I know that runs the risk of losing detail and the lovely grey scale gradation in the shadows.

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.