The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Very nice Jamie. Wonderful, silvery b/w.

We had a very similar first day of Spring. Still waiting for the lion to go out.

2jbourret

Thanks Lloyd, I messed w/ doing a color version, but the colors were so muted, it just begged to go b/w. I think its going to make a nice print.

Still trying to figure out a few things w/ posting to this site: I'd like to post screen-size images, rather than thumbnails. Is that something only gallery members can do?

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, I messed w/ doing a color version, but the colors were so muted, it just begged to go b/w. I think its going to make a nice print.

Still trying to figure out a few things w/ posting to this site: I'd like to post screen-size images, rather than thumbnails. Is that something only gallery members can do?
I sent you an email about posting larger. Hope it helps.

etrigan63

Got to play with the Phase One IQ180 last night. Amazing back! Here are a couple I took from the balcony as I was contemplating rappelling 9 stories to the ground floor with it using power cords. Phase One 645 DF + Schneider 110mm

Grunge version via HDR Efex Pro

Lloyd

Pretty interesting results, Carlos. I actually prefer the first. The DR is such that the rendering of the image overall is very pleasing.

etrigan63

I agree Lloyd, the first one is better. The grunge shot is just to point out how much detail there is in the file. Also remember that I had to reduce the file to 50% for flickr and these are not the full sized shots.

Lloyd

The amount of detail is stunning, even reduced. I reviewed some full-sized files from the IQ180, and I have to say, they were mind blowing in that regard.

Valentin

Carlos, how's the display res. and the ability to check focus? Was live view functional in the unit you tested?
I'm not Carlos :), but I played with one and you can definitely check the focus. The live view was not enabled yet (I don't think there is a demo back out there that has the live view enabled).

dick

Got to play with the Phase One IQ180 last night. Amazing back! Here are a couple I took from the balcony as I was contemplating rappelling 9 stories to the ground floor with it using power cords. Phase One 645 DF + Schneider 110mm

Grunge version via HDR Efex Pro
When I concluded that it must be badly scanned 35mm film I was unbiased, as I had not read what camera you used... some pictures (even D3X) come to life when you zoom in to them, even at web res, but not these.

Hasselblad/Phocus would handle this scene no problem without HDR... your HDR picture is more colorful but lacks impact and res... a polarizing filter would help. Perhaps you could try more post-processing rather than HDR. Where does the gravel in the sky come from?

Have you tried Jack's MF to web downsizer plugin?

Please find attached a hi-contrast scene I took with my H3D11-50 (which I have upgraded to H4D-60). I took pictures for HDR but did not need them.

I have just re-downsized it with jack's plug-in... I like it how it is, but I could have "enhanced" the colours.

fotografz

When I concluded that it must be badly scanned 35mm film I was unbiased, as I had not read what camera you used... some pictures (even D3X) come to life when you zoom in to them, even at web res, but not these.

Hasselblad/Phocus would handle this scene no problem without HDR... your HDR picture is more colorful but lacks impact and res... a polarizing filter would help. Perhaps you could try more post-processing rather than HDR. Where does the gravel in the sky come from?

Have you tried Jack's MF to web downsizer plugin?

Please find attached a hi-contrast scene I took with my H3D11-50 (which I have upgraded to H4D-60). I took pictures for HDR but did not need them.

I have just re-downsized it with jack's plug-in... I like it how it is, but I could have "enhanced" the colours.
I Love shots like this. Colors are perfect IMO ... enhancing them would ruin it ... it is so natural as is. :thumbup:

(Pic might need a bit of straightening).

-Marc

dick

I Love shots like this. Colors are perfect IMO ... enhancing them would ruin it ... it is so natural as is. :thumbup:

(Pic might need a bit of straightening).

-Marc
Thank... I like warm colour but not too OTT, or "HDR".

Straightening must lose some res... so the technical loss-less way to straighten is to crop after printing?

Many of the magic bells an whistles in software are juts opportunities to mess up the picture.

I avoided perspective problems by shooting horizontally - hope to use a view camera next time I am there.

Status
Not open for further replies.