The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
World's only images from a IQ 180 Phase Back of Death Valleys famous racetrack area. This is a focus stack of 5 frames from the new 35mmD lens.

2jbourret

World's only images from a IQ 180 Phase Back of Death Valleys famous racetrack area. This is a focus stack of 5 frames from the new 35mmD lens.

Guy, how does the new 35 stack up (no pun intended) - edge/corner sharpness and C.A. was always an issue with the older 35, even on the crop sensor of the P30. Very curious to know if the new version is truly a new lens, or just repackaged!

dick

Thank you eery much that you finally commented on my post.

So in this case of shooting indoor with mixed lights, what is the best way to have better WB...?
Tareq... I am glad you appreciated my post... and I too prefer you later version.

There are experts here...but, generally the solution is to only use flash and sunlight, and change any tungsten bulbs for daylight balanced bulbs.

I attach a picture (for estate agent) taken with tungsten and sunlight (not MF). There was a window behind me, and I put a projector screen on the floor to light the ceiling. I drew the curtains you can see to avoid a hotspot by the television... in one version of the picture I used a reflector outside to reflect light into that window.

I have made no attempt to correct the tungsten, as there seems to be enough daylight to prevent a cast.

I took this picture when I had no digital camera that could satisfactorily be used with off-camera flash, but I would now use my 4 Metzs as fill, adding exposures if I needed more fill for a big room.

Professional

Tareq... I am glad you appreciated my post... and I too prefer you later version.

There are experts here...but, generally the solution is to only use flash and sunlight, and change any tungsten bulbs for daylight balanced bulbs.

I attach a picture (for estate agent) taken with tungsten and sunlight (not MF). There was a window behind me, and I put a projector screen on the floor to light the ceiling. I drew the curtains you can see to avoid a hotspot by the television... in one version of the picture I used a reflector outside to reflect light into that window.

I have made no attempt to correct the tungsten, as there seems to be enough daylight to prevent a cast.

I took this picture when I had no digital camera that could satisfactorily be used with off-camera flash, but I would now use my 4 Metzs as fill, adding exposures if I needed more fill for a big room.
Thanks!

I thought that if i shoot without flash i will have better natural light result, but maybe i think i should try with flash and see, i have a powerful flash reflector that can light the entire place or room but i didn't like to make it dominant of the ambient light, but i have to give it a try and see.

Professional

This is an awesome shot, making me wanting to be there shooting as well!!!
I really don't get impressed by IQ at that web size, i have to see at original size, don't forget that i have 60mp which is less about 20mp than IQ180, whether you used tech camera or not, at low sizes even 22mp MF will be great.

2jbourret

Some thing new, from a trip thru Oregon last week:

Painted Hills, with overcast skies and wet ground, near dusk.
Cambo WDS, 47xl, P30, single exposure

Professional

Some thing new, from a trip thru Oregon last week:

Painted Hills, with overcast skies and wet ground, near dusk.
Cambo WDS, 47xl, P30, single exposure
This is a nice shot, and i feel jealous that people using tech cameras more for outdoors and indoors with Mf.

I wish if you took more of above or sky, i feel the shot is cropped and if you took wider or say a pan this will be a stunning no doubt.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Ever since the announcement of the IQ series I have been assuring myself that I don't need anything more than a P65+. I don't. I don't. I don't.

So on the last day of the 65% discount offer, the end of March, I told myself I don't need more than a P65+.

Then I put down my deposit.

I have no self-control. I don't. I don't. I don't.

Bill

ps And I can't wait for the new back!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Death Valley - Devils Golf Course

P40+ new 35D lens. Someone asked if I liked this lens better than the old and I do . At least my copy is better than any of the 3 previous versions i had.

gazwas

Death Valley - Devils Golf Course

P40+ new 35D lens. Someone asked if I liked this lens better than the old and I do . At least my copy is better than any of the 3 previous versions i had.

WOW Guy!

Who needs all those fancy IQ features when you can produce a shot like that with a plain old P40+.... very nice capture. :thumbs:

Would have been nice to see a focus stacked version of that one also.

2jbourret

Very nice image Guy. Looks like the new 35 is indeed a very high performing lens. Love to see more/hear more about it when you get into your images at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.