The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professional

As expected, i did another HDR shot, and to my eyes i don't see much difference in color it can cause, i know that HDR look is not natural, but i prefer HDR dynamic range because this is what it does, and the details is way popping over normal natural one, but the conclusion is that for both shots, the WB is bad and not as i want, so what i have to do, shoot with flash combining it with natural light or something else?

HDR

Non-HDR

Quentin_Bargate

Great shots of Death Valley, Guy.

Tareq, I like the look of your HD interior. It reminds me slightly of a Renaissance painting. It is not overdone, just looks incredibly detailed and lush. Do you use a grey card for white balance?

Quentin

Professional

Great shots of Death Valley, Guy.

Tareq, I like the look of your HD interior. It reminds me slightly of a Renaissance painting. It is not overdone, just looks incredibly detailed and lush. Do you use a grey card for white balance?

Quentin
Thank you very much, Quentin.

No, i have that card but i didn't use, so you sure it will help much or makes a difference?!!!

jlm

Workshop Member
Tareq:

try including the grey card in one shot set the camera and Phocus for daylight. then look at the color temp and tint settings. Then set a new white balance in Phocus by picking the grey card. watch the rgb, tint and color temp settings change. you can of course, still tweak, but this will give you a good starting point. The idea is that the neutral gray of the card is used to set the rgb values all equal. The wild card is that if the light on the gray card is not full spectrum, the card should not really look neutral gray. For example, if the card is washed by the warm light reflected down the stairwell and you white balance off the card, your result will overcompensate and make the scene too blue. still a very useful method

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Death Valley Mesquite Sand Dunes. P40+ with 300mm . BTW thanks for the nice comments. Heading out for a gig this morning and will catch up with all these images.

Professional

Tareq:

try including the grey card in one shot set the camera and Phocus for daylight. then look at the color temp and tint settings. Then set a new white balance in Phocus by picking the grey card. watch the rgb, tint and color temp settings change. you can of course, still tweak, but this will give you a good starting point. The idea is that the neutral gray of the card is used to set the rgb values all equal. The wild card is that if the light on the gray card is not full spectrum, the card should not really look neutral gray. For example, if the card is washed by the warm light reflected down the stairwell and you white balance off the card, your result will overcompensate and make the scene too blue. still a very useful method
Thank you very much!

I will give it a try or a look and see what i'll get.

Professional

Death Valley Mesquite Sand Dunes. P40+ with 300mm . BTW thanks for the nice comments. Heading out for a gig this morning and will catch up with all these images.
Nice shot as usual!
my take on this image is, i wish if it is more contrasty, maybe you prefer it as it is, but i would like to see if you punch it a bit.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks nice but I'm also real careful of trying to avoid a digital look to my files. I know a very fine balance. One reason I like the Dalsa sensors is they seem more neutral or maybe better said is less saturated which in my mind the kodak sensors seem more saturated or punch which I like but I like putting it in than being there all the time. I have gone from loving the Kodak sensors to loving the Dalsa sensors better. Interesting transformation on my part. I'm actually on a more film looking file reason I bought all the Schneider lenses was in my view they have a more film look. Not that either are better or worse just slightly different in look.

Professional

Looks nice but I'm also real careful of trying to avoid a digital look to my files. I know a very fine balance. One reason I like the Dalsa sensors is they seem more neutral or maybe better said is less saturated which in my mind the kodak sensors seem more saturated or punch which I like but I like putting it in than being there all the time. I have gone from loving the Kodak sensors to loving the Dalsa sensors better. Interesting transformation on my part. I'm actually on a more film looking file reason I bought all the Schneider lenses was in my view they have a more film look. Not that either are better or worse just slightly different in look.
I know what do you mean, but i really don't understand why someone use a digital camera to have a film-like result?!!! i have film cameras and digitals, if i want to shoot digital i use digital and never worry how the shots look, and when i use film also i don't worry how the shots look, i can have digital look taken with film pure, and i can do film like with digital camera, at the end i feel if i have to think about the look then i will never feel satisfied, with film i will find issues and with digital i will find issues as well, Bryan our Phase One dealer said that why and what are people talking about "film like"?!!! Honestly speaking, i didn't see any shots taken from a digital camera whatever it is and it was "film-like" look.

etrump

Problem is major wind , major dust and major dust in the air. Will go back later in week and get more. I mean very high winds. Gave my new 110 LS some work to do

Great image Guy, you obviously used the dust in the air to your advantage. The light and subtle tones are beautiful.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.