The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyGibson

Even the ghost town (Lake Valley, New Mexico) curator, Charlie Jurney, didn't know the story of this car, which has been sitting out in the New Mexico sun for decades, obviously one of the more recent and last signs of activity in the town before it was abandoned.

BradleyGibson

Unretouched photograph of 50+ foot gypsum sand dune in the White Sands National Monument, in New Mexico.

The colors in the sky came out only after the sun had descended and lasted less than 15 minutes.

BradleyGibson

Slightly off-center and silhouetted, is a sand-encrusted cottonwood tree buried "neck-deep" in sand. These trees access the water table three feet below the hard, gypsum surface of the White Sands, New Mexico desert, but are often nearly overtopped by sand dunes, which can be as tall as 65 feet high.

As long as the tree can keep some leaves above the dune to collect sunlight, it is able to simply wait out the passage of the dune, which "moves" at a rate of tens of feet per year.

dogstarnyc

Dave,

Enjoy the P30 and the increased response times... did the ZD kit get a new home...? Did you sell it as a kit?

Best,

Steve

malmac

I look at everyones images and they range from interesting to impressive.

Thought I should put up a couple of images taken on the new Phase One P65+ back, one with the Cambo WDS and one with the 645DF. Still getting my head around the system, but that is all good.

Above image taken with the Cambo.

Here is a 100% crop from above image. Unfortunately did not write down the settings so can't tell you much except that I am still working on focus and depth of field.

The next morning I took the 645DF, left camp while still dark and walked a few Km in the dark to be down river by the time the sun came up. This is one I took which has nice colour in the sky but taken at f22, at 1/6 second, so not as sharp as I would have liked.

Cheers.

Mal

S

Shelby Lewis

Brad... love that first shot from white sands... beautiful tones. :thumbup:

Here's a quick shot of my daughter from the other night on one of our reguar walks around the campus lakes. Finally got a new macbook pro, but no new external monitor yet, so color may be a bit off.

A slightly muted treatment. Aptus-ii 6, Mamiya 80/2.8D wide open

Cheers!
Shelby

alan_w_george

A little something other than rocks and ferns:)

An "adjusted" American Apparel ad.

Cambo RS, Schneider 72mm Digitar, P65+, 2x2 stitch.

Last edited:

Analog6

One from yesterday early morning at Duranbah beach far north NSW. 'Twas nice of the bird to cooperate LOL.

H2/P20/200mm

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks Ed for the kind words.

Some pretty dramatic clouds in the distance this evening... taken from the 3rd floor of our apartment building.

What appears to be banding in the shadows of the building is actually color differences in the brick made more apparent by messing with the red and yellow channels of the B/W tool in C1. The building is somewhat "banded" in real life as well.

First file I've ever processed in C1 (trying the demo now that I have a new MBP that will run it :D). Aptus II 6 - Mamiya 210/4.

Cheers!
Shelby

etrump

Hiked two hours in the rain hoping the weather would clear and give some good light but it didn't clear until I got back to the car. :)

At least the water was running even if the light stayed flat.

S

Shelby Lewis

One more... truly incredible clouds today. Looking towards campus from our apartment.

Aptus II 6, Mamiya 80/2.8D

Cheers! Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.