The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Picked up my new IQ180 in Grand Junction while on a shoot in Moab. Doing a lot of the typical shots ... lived in Utah for 35 years, and never been here. These have just gone through preliminary processing ... good enough for web, but usually I fine tune if I decide to print.

Mesa Arch, PhaseOne DF with PhaseOne 28mm. This is about as far north as the sun gets, gonna try to shoot this on Dec 21st to get the other extreme. (at least I won't get eaten by mosquitoes that time of year)

Green River Overlook, Alpa 12max with Rodenstock 70mm, no LCC but did use LCC HDR technique.

Noticed that some of my local adjustments caused some pretty sharp halos from the extreme down rezzing ... doesn't show up at all on my screen, not sure about when printing. The brush tool in C1 needs some work ... very difficult to figure out exactly where masks edges and feathering will end up.

So far this one might be my favorite from the trip, this is looking north while waiting to shoot delicate arch. Only clouds I saw, (ask anyone ... if you go with me you probably won't see clouds) but these were sweet.

PhaseOne DF with Schneider 55mm (this is with p65+, new back arrived next day)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wayne,

FABULOUS shot of Mesa Arch with Washer Woman framed in the background. Winter is harder because the Sun comes up to the right of the La Salles in the background, and flames directly into your lens -- unless there are low clouds; then too many clouds and you get no glow on the arch :rolleyes:. However, the glow is far brighter in the Winter because the Sun hits the face below the arch for a more direct reflection of red into it.

etrump

Picked up my new IQ180
So far this one might be my favorite from the trip, this is looking north while waiting to shoot delicate arch. Only clouds I saw, (ask anyone ... if you go with me you probably won't see clouds) but these were sweet.

PhaseOne DF with Schneider 55mm (this is with p65+, new back arrived next day)
I love this last one Wayne. Great - GREAT color, killer sky and the cloud shapes pull you right in.
:thumbs:

baudolino

Alpa TC + 35mm Schneider Digitar + 60meg H back handheld.

Finally an image that really demonstrates the benefit of using the Digitar lens on an Alpa, with a high res back. Many have been shown here but this is the first one that really convinces me of the merits of that system - the detail, sharpness and three-dimensionality are all just outstanding! (what I mean is that I have always felt, regarding all the other photos, that yes, I could kind of get such IQ from my Hy6/Sinar eMotion 75, too. But here I can see that perhaps no, this looks like something a class above IQ-wise).

Stefan Steib

I will post some samples of my HCam-B1 the next days - here is the first one Phase One P45+, 17mm Canon TS, f11, 1/60,100 asa, 2 shot stitch /up 8 and down 8mm, resulting in an image of about 135 degr. image angle.Original Tiff file 154 MB 7205x7120 pix, Sepia toned.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

David K

Workshop Member
I will post some samples of my HCam-B1 the next days - here is the first one Phase One P45+, 17mm Canon TS, f11, 1/60,100 asa, 2 shot stitch /up 8 and down 8mm, resulting in an image of about 135 degr. image angle.Original Tiff file 154 MB 7205x7120 pix, Sepia toned.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan
Wow...

Stefan Steib

here is the second one: PhaseOne P45+, canon 17mmTS, no shift, f11,5, 1 sec. 100asa. The hood of the truck is only 60-70cm away from the lens. you can see it from the distortion.

Last edited:

Stefan Steib

and here with the Canon 24mm TS II: this is the lens that will make many architecture photographers happy campers - no- I mean NADA-Not a bit of distortion, straight as Microgrid paper -the bread and butter lens with no Color cast, no chromas and tack sharp, full Movements (8degr. tilt and 12mm shift) usable on every chip up to 80 Mpix - very few light falloff, no whiteshot necessary, nor any LCC or whatsoever.
P45+, f11,5, 2 sec., 100 asa, Canon 24TSII 8 mm shift upwards. HCam-B1

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Alpa TC + 35mm Schneider Digitar + 60meg H back handheld.

Woody,
nice execution; you've captured a lot of interest in a standard type of image. The balance in composition adds a lot.
You picked a scene that uses the tech camera capabilities, esp the S-K 35mm lens well. Motivates me to dig it out and not worry about all the LCC problems brought up here. I may be wrong, but I do not think a retrofocus lens would have the depth and dimensionality you have here.

regards
Victor

jlm

Workshop Member
thank you jack, that was the my shot with that lens. with the cambo, they provide a spacer to move the back about 2" to the rear, then the lens mounts as close to the front as the 43. it is a sharp little bugger

Status
Not open for further replies.