The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Speaking of Lower Antelope Canyon

From a trip in early May to northern Arizona and southern Utah with the H4D-40. EXIF shown in lower left border. This is one of my favorite spots in Lower Antelope.

D

Deleted member 7792

Nice image Derek! Here is the first image of mine in this thread.

Pretty sure it is also taken with outdated equipment...
One of the best musician portraits I've seen. It's got a great look. You can almost hear the music as you're looking at the image. Outdated equipment! Yeah, right. :thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I just have to insert my (so far) favorite Lower Antelope shot -- this was taken with MF, but film about 10 years ago:

I cannot wait to get back there with my Phase kit...

tsjanik

Ok, the images of Quebec and using old equipment got me to dig out these from last year. All taken along the north shore of the St. Lawrence, east of Tadoussac at the campground Paradis Marin. It's a well-known destination for whale watching, kayaks and divers. Campsites are on the shore and at night you can hear whales sounding as you fall asleep. As you can see from the first image, campers endure great hardships to see the whales. All taken with a 67 or 645 film camera.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And now that I'm shooting with a 645DF/IQ180, count me in! And I was just there in May! Can't get enough.
Actually, Guy and I are thinking that will be a stopping point for our Spring 2012 workshop! Probably late May, stay tuned for details!!!

jecxz

Ok, the images of Quebec and using old equipment got me to dig out these from last year. All taken along the north shore of the St. Lawrence, east of Tadoussac at the campground Paradis Marin. It's a well-known destination for whale watching, kayaks and divers. Campsites are on the shore and at night you can hear whales sounding as you fall asleep. As you can see from the first image, campers endure great hardships to see the whales. All taken with a 67 or 645 film camera.
Hi Tsjanik,

It's a magnificent area. I was far East of those locations and I crossed the gulf @ Godbout, then drove east to the end of the road.

Kind regards,
Derek

jecxz

Thanks Jack!
Derek, did you travel to the Gaspé then? I haven't been there but next trip I will. How long was the ferry from Godbout?
Tom
Hi Tom, no, I did not. The ferry ride was about an hour and a half. There are many ferry crossings.

Kind regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.