The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

jlm

I like your first image - it has that enigmatical quality - that often comes with real life when it is cropped so the context or location is absent.

What iso did you shoot the second image at?

mal

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks

that second image was a puzzler. shot at 100 with the 43mm lens at f8. tried several exposures to get it. the place was quite dark, ended up with a 2 second exposure (counted out). had to bump it in post another stop. this is the H39 hasselblad back which does not do a dark frame subtraction.
in the end i liked the noise effect, but by no means was it under control

i tried 4 seconds, but kept getting a bright stripe flare effect ??? or a lot of banding.

first time i have done relatively long exposure with this back on a tech camera. dp not remember having these problems when shooting in the H body, maybe Phocus does corrections when it sees data from the Hbody, missing with a tech camera

something else i noticed on another shot with a 70mm lnes: I was taking two shots, one at about 12ft focus, one at inf, to use for focus blending. there was about a 1 stop exposure difference, due i suppose to the longer lens extension

Last edited:

fotografz

thanks

that second image was a puzzler. shot at 100 with the 43mm lens at f8. tried several exposures to get it. the place was quite dark, ended up with a 2 second exposure (counted out). had to bump it in post another stop. this is the H39 hasselblad back which does not do a dark frame subtraction.
in the end i liked the noise effect, but by no means was it under control

i tried 4 seconds, but kept getting a bright stripe flare effect ??? or a lot of banding.

first time i have done relatively long exposure with this back on a tech camera. dp not remember having these problems when shooting in the H body, maybe Phocus does corrections when it sees data from the Hbody, missing with a tech camera

something else i noticed on another shot with a 70mm lnes: I was taking two shots, one at about 12ft focus, one at inf, to use for focus blending. there was about a 1 stop exposure difference, due i suppose to the longer lens extension
Actually, there is a technique to do a dark-frame subtraction with the H/39 that my dealer showed me and I promptly forgot because I never needed it :eek: ... also, did you try the scene calibration tool in Phocus?

-Marc

mediumcool

This sounds extremely unlikely. To get to 1:1 extension, two stops are generally lost; but that is a much greater extension than going from infinity to 12'.

Last edited:

djonesii

Workshop Member
Took a few more wit the P30+ .... my theme is fine art figure, a bit of the odd man out here. I like to share them anyway. Maybe my tastes will broaden with age. I got a 30mm Arsat manual focus lens, and some are in the set.

Brynn

Valerie

If you would like to view the whole set, drop me a PM, and I'll be happy to send you the user and password. If you did it once, I'm lazy .... try the ones I sent before.

Dave

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
John,
Love that very strange place in the Navy Yard.
I am wondering if it might be suitable for use with a model?
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Took a few more wit the P30+ .... my theme is fine art figure, a bit of the odd man out here. I like to share them anyway. Maybe my tastes will broaden with age. I got a 30mm Arsat manual focus lens, and some are in the set.

Brynn

Valerie

If you would like to view the whole set, drop me a PM, and I'll be happy to send you the user and password. If you did it once, I'm lazy .... try the ones I sent before.

Dave
No image is visible.
-bob

djonesii

Workshop Member
double checked post from the Mac, and for some reason images from dropbox are not showing up. Will upload them to my server and link from there ....

Off for a bowl of meundo ... Lucky that my sons are adventurers.

Think that I got it fixed ..... if anyone could let me know I'd appreciate it.

Dave

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
double checked post from the Mac, and for some reason images from dropbox are not showing up. Will upload them to my server and link from there ....

Off for a bowl of meundo ... Lucky that my sons are adventurers.

Dave
My be best to upload images here then to publish those that are not safe for work in the Images to share forum with NSFW in the thread title.
thanks
-bob

jlm

Workshop Member
bob:,

bit of a squeaky place to get into, i was inside that curved "vessel" that is the door to the dry dock, about behind the third porthole from the right, top row he,he

hcubell

This photograph was taken in Zion National Park with a Pentax 67 and a Pentax 75mm lens back in 2000 using Fuji Velvia. I bracketed my exposures, but the dynamic range of the scene was way beyond the range of the film and a ND filter would not work because of the irregular break between the highlights and the shadows. The film sat there for 11 years. I recently looked again at the exposures and, thanks to the new technology in Photoshop that permits the computerized alignment of scans, I was able to blend two exposures together, one for the highlights and one for the shadows. Amazing how you can now rescue "useless" photographs using modern technology.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
bob:,

bit of a squeaky place to get into, i was inside that curved "vessel" that is the door to the dry dock, about behind the third porthole from the right, top row he,he
Love the colors and texture detail in this one John!

Status
Not open for further replies.