The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Dear Woody

The TC/35xl and IQ180 will be my "high Megapixel P&S" when ever the @#$%^%$# Iq180 shows up :rolleyes:

I really like the combo and you have a nice example of what it can do.

did you need any LCC? looks great to me

regards
Victor
Yes on the lcc.

I may have been one of the first people to observe that the TC/35xl = Hasselblad Superwide C, but with a lot more resolution. I'm sticking to my story on this. Alpa has picked it up in their marketing material.

I struggled with this one in C!. The ferns straight out of the back looked there was some clipping - surface detail seemed to be missing. A look at the histograms suggest there actually wasn't clipping. I fussed around a bit and got it to this point. I've noticed a similar issue with highly saturated reds with this back. I may have to go back to C1 school.

Last edited:

etrump

Wayne, are you using the tripod foot on the lens, or mounting via the body? I have found that tripod foot on the lens to be unreliable as a support, have removed it from my 300 and now mount it via the body. FWIW...
Another FWIW, I had a lot of trouble with the 300 until I put a nylon screw in the foot hand tightened to dampen the lens and improved the sharpness substantially.

etrump

Just out practicing with the IQ180 before heading to Hawaii later this month. Incredible technology, I like it more every time i shoot with it.

HR 32mm two shot stitch.

mvirtue

Out playing with the RZ trying to repo a failure mode with my Leaf Aptus-II 7

Mamiya RZ67 Pro II D/ Leaf Aptus-II 7/90 F3.5

ISO 400:1/250s:F5.6

OliverM

First post here, Contax 645, 45mm, Sinar 54 LV

(looks a bit over-saturated compared to original and definition looks strange, I need to learn how to produce quality jpegs ...)
Marc

Graham Mitchell

My Aptus II 12 hasn't arrived yet but my local dealer kindly loaned me a Phase One 645DF with Leaf Aptus II 12 back today. It was a great chance to test the Leaf skin tones that people keep talking about, and the C1 workflow.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dang Ed, you've gone all out on the tech lens collection, haven't you! The 23HR is on my "list" :D

kuau

Workshop Member
:thumbs: Great job Graham.

My Aptus II 12 hasn't arrived yet but my local dealer kindly loaned me a Phase One 645DF with Leaf Aptus II 12 back today. It was a great chance to test the Leaf skin tones that people keep talking about, and the C1 workflow.

kuau

Workshop Member
Well, it's OK and at least it's wide. Corners are soft and still get some CA on some high contrast areas, but overall can manage to get good images out of it. Haven't really checked to see how well it holds up with the IQ180 compared to the p65+

Took this one at Kolob Canyon with the 300mm. Despite everything I did (weight bag over camera etc.) still not as sharp as I would like it. The IQ180 might be just too much resolution for it. Still some testing to do. 1/6th sec at f/8
Wayne, If my memory serves me, Shooting a 300mm lens on MF, I think you either have to go really slow, like 1 second exposure or faster above 200th sec. I had the same problem with my Pentax 645D with a 300mm F4 lens.
I think what you are seeing is shutter vibration.

Steven

etrump

Dang Ed, you've gone all out on the tech lens collection, haven't you! The 23HR is on my "list" :D
Yes, I'm pretty pleased with the kit right now. I got sucked in because the 24 and 35 XL had issues with the P65+. I knew they would be worse on the IQ180 and Dave helped get me upgraded to the HR glass. Who needs extra cash laying around anyway. ;)

Both the HR 23 and 32 are stellar. I thought I could get by without the CF on the 23 but finally bit the dust this week. With the CF the 23 my IQ180 images look awesome, and it's nice not fighting with light falloff or noise from using the LCC to bring it back. Slight color correction with the LCC and I'm good to go.

The HRs have a little distortion though, I would be curious to know how others deal with correcting it.

etrump

Wayne, If my memory serves me, Shooting a 300mm lens on MF, I think you either have to go really slow, like 1 second exposure or faster above 200th sec. I had the same problem with my Pentax 645D with a 300mm F4 lens.
I think what you are seeing is shutter vibration.

Steven
The 1/6th second is in the toughest range. I have done ok down to 1/30 with the DF but usually try for 1/100 if possible. I'm wishing for an LS 300.

etrump

Took this one at Kolob Canyon with the 300mm. Despite everything I did (weight bag over camera etc.) still not as sharp as I would like it. The IQ180 might be just too much resolution for it. Still some testing to do. 1/6th sec at f/8
Wayne, did you have any trouble with the reds in this image. They look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.