The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

macoberly

No argument with any of this, I was just trying to clarify your original point which sounds like it was about alternative compositions more than anything else.

Challenge with MF to get those tighter compositions, compression, and atmospheric effects etc. is there are not many good lens options.

I agree with you about the lens options. My 105-210mm can be a big challenge to get good focus sometimes.

M>

malmac

Ed

I am loving these images.

I think Joe McNally said, if you want to take some great photos, put your self infront of something real interesting - or something to that effect.

You certainly put yourself in front of some great material.

Mal

etrump

Ed

I hope you took the plane to Hana and not that God-forsaken road! LOL

Woody
Plane? What plane? :)

We covered that road three times in the last three days. Left Lahaina at 2am to get the sunrise image. I had to stop several times and I had never had a problem with motion sickness before. Something about that road in the dark.

Went the back way once which is not bad starting from the crater.

etrump

Ed

I am loving these images.

I think Joe McNally said, if you want to take some great photos, put your self infront of something real interesting - or something to that effect.

You certainly put yourself in front of some great material.

Mal
Thank you Mal.

It is beautiful here on Maui in the area around Hana. I always freak a little at the start of a trip until I get a good image or two in the bag. Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the trip. Most of Maui is like a desert, the crater forces the moisture out on the Northeast quarter if the island. I'm headed to Kuai which is supposed to be more green and pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.