The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mamiya 645DF DM33/Leaf Aptus II 7, ISO 800, 1/40s f2.8. Natural light, Some contrast/lightness tweaks and a little vignette. Default noise control in COne. There's some softness which is actually motion blur due to a dodgy photographer.

ISO 800 with natural light is far far better than under tungsten lighting which just fills shadows with horrid noise. It's pretty well behaved when using flash too.

ISO 800 MF Test by Wentbackward, on Flickr

Last edited:

dmeckert

got a couple selects out of the MFDB on my last shoot (the ratio of selects is still heavily balanced toward my d300...but such is the learning curve, i suppose. haha)

anywho...

and, a relatively blatant attempt at ripping off Maya Guez's style. haha.

Daves, I think Nikon's engine spoils us ... I'm fine when fully manual, but when using AF and/or aperture priority, I'm really struggling to unlearn things I tend to do instinctively. That's pretty tough.

Superb lighting btw! The selective focus in the first shot looks like back tilt on a large format .. very cool.

johnnygoesdigital

Wavelight - Sunlit water droplets from a breaking wave tracing arcs.

This is a crop, despite using the 150mm, I was still perilously close to getting a drenching from the broken wave. Shutter was 0.2s. I would like to explore the possibilities that this image suggest exist.

Baxter,
This is the most creative and original! Fantastic photo! What gear are you using?

S

Shelby Lewis

I've been in San Francisco for the American Bach Soloists Festival (playing baroque trumpet) for two weeks now. FINALLY got a single afternoon to free to walk the city... what a lovely place!

Aptus II 6 / Mamiya 80/2.8 and 210/4

and sometime you get lucky... manual focussed :D:

Cheers!
Shelby

malmac

Shelby

Great images - I like the combination of the set - sort of a kaleidoscope view of a city -

Also when you get a chance, can we see some 100% crops from your pano - I always enjoy savouring that fantastic resolution.

mal

dmeckert

Daves, I think Nikon's engine spoils us ... I'm fine when fully manual, but when using AF and/or aperture priority, I'm really struggling to unlearn things I tend to do instinctively. That's pretty tough.

Superb lighting btw! The selective focus in the first shot looks like back tilt on a large format .. very cool.
i am definitely 100% spoiled by the nikon everything. i haven't had a negative thought about my camera in the 3 years i've had it (except while failing at manually focusing the amazing zeiss 100 makro. lol). i think part of my adjustment is just getting used to the primitive AF of the mamiya body...that one gigantic focus point in the middle feels clumsy, after working with a gaggle of small cross points over the years. hopefully things will get smoother as time goes on...and hopefully upgrading to an AFDIII will help out as well. not being able to put an eyeball sized focus point over an eyeball throws me.

thanks, on the lighting! :D it was the first time out with the paul buff 86" PLMs (though i think both of these are my beloved beauty dish as the main). and you're right on the selective focus, i hadn't made that exact connection, but you're spot on. i really grew to love my LF camera back in school...i was heart-broken at the end of the semester when i had to give it back. lol. i think if the MFDB adapter plates weren't so pricey, i would buy another toyo if i found a super low price on one.

cheers :)

S

Shelby Lewis

Another I'm playing around with:

Single frame, 80/2.8D, Aptus II 6
(all these processed on my laptop... so not an optimal situation)

gogopix

Subscriber
beautiful image. From off the D71?

Thyis area can be a bit hazy...did you need to clean up the tone? or was it really that clear (I like the depth, must have been stopped down, yes

regards
Victor

jerome

No, from the other side of the canyon, "route des crêtes".
F6.8 50 iso and 1/180

The weather was just like that, not hazy so I did not so much pps

S

Shelby Lewis

Wow... just got home from San Francisco and am in front of my editing monitor... remind me not to edit on my laptop from now on. So hit or miss!

malmac

Graham

Really find the mountain hovering in the background both beautifully renderded but also an appropriate contrast to the man made mountains that sparkle in the foreground.

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.