The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog6

I have uploaded this one before, but now that I have worked out how to embed files properly, I felt like doing so again!

Pentax 645D with 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens - multi-shot stitch.
Love that one Ed. What train is it and where. I love your rail images, especially of our old favourite 6029 (being restored now by ARHS ACT) but those Sydney ones are terrific too

etrump: that Victoria shot is amazing

Will: love the salt lake pics - the last one is just breathtaking

frontosa: I love your Bengal's little Cheshire cat grin - he's thinking of those tasty birdies I suspect!

And one from me, this is the ocean yacht Gretel II dockside during the Tasmanian Wooden Boat Festival in Feb 2011. Taken at 3.30pm in the afternoon, before we watched her being moved around to another mooring and my RedBubble mate Brett Rogers (who shoots film on med format SLRs and TLRs) got to go to the very top of the mast!

I had to do some savage cropping on the right hand side to edit out the hordes of sightseers!

H2 | P20 | 50-110 ~ linked from My RedBubble

S

Shelby Lewis

That is really nice light in you phot Bill. I apologize for not replying to your earlier post. I call East Tennessee home. My previous job required a lot of travel and as a result I spent almost 3 years (in total) in Port Elgin.
Sorry for the OT... Mark, I'm from middle TN (actually born in Chattanooga though), and have a brother who lives in Morristown, TN (just outside of Knoxville). Small world if you were speaking literally. :thumbup:

effediA

Hi everybody!
My first post here... Just sold my Nikon and Leica gear to get a P65+ for my Contax. Still learning to get the best from the back, though...

Planar 80, f/5.6, ISO 100

London, Buckingham Palace. The Queen was home, but I didn't actually tell her we were in town as we'd have to have awkwardly declined tea.

Alpa 12TC, hand-held, Rodenstock 40HR, Mamiya DM33 back, Mamiya 43mm viewfinder with custom mask, ISO 50, hyperfocal focus

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Remember Kodachrome in 120 format?

I was sifting through some old (quite old!) files today and came across this one from 1988. It was taken with a Rollei 6008.

faneuil

Ice Glen

First edit from the Huck-Ice Glen series of images. Made possible by Huck DelSignore (mask), Waterfall Perry (model), and Eric Dolgins and Michael Eade (grips and creative consulting). All endured swampy heat, deet-defying ruthless post-Irene mosquitoes and unstable footing on slippery moss covered rocks. What an incredible morning. Toughest shoot I've done to date!
P65+ ISO 100 f5.6, P1 AFD & Schneider 80mm lens

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi everybody!
My first post here... Just sold my Nikon and Leica gear to get a P65+ for my Contax. Still learning to get the best from the back, though...

Planar 80, f/5.6, ISO 100
Welcome to GetDPI!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Remember Kodachrome in 120 format?

I was sifting through some old (quite old!) files today and came across this one from 1988. It was taken with a Rollei 6008.
I do remember it, but what I remember most is that the West-coast lab had recently shut down and it took forever for me to get it processed and returned, so I started shooting Provia. Nice shot regardless of the medium though!

faneuil

very cool.
I had a p45 for two years, sold it and my leica gear to get into a used a p65+
The difference *while splitting hairs I know!* is remarkable.
The p65+ is SO wonderfully versatile. Thought S+ would be a neat curiosity to toy with -- turns out it has essentially replaced my canon 5d mk II too!
Except for a few circumstances, say ultra low light shooting or need for high FPS, I don't see myself using my Canon kit for awhile.

in conclusion? my p65+ is opening up fantastic possibilities. see show above of woman in forest. P65+

Eric
Welcome to GetDPI!

D

Deleted member 7792

Victoria, Australia (Cambo/P65+):
Ed,

This image keeps drawing me in. I find myself staring at it, looking at the various elements that are in the frame. It has a forest mystery about it that's almost magical. I like it a lot.

Joe

cs750

Bill, wonderful light and texture on your "Getting Up At Dawn" image! I don't know if you gave that image a name or not...but "Getting Up At Dawn" is my name for it. Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.