The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

bythewei

Dick, the trick here is really the flash (lighting) and not so much the camera itself.

I use the Profoto Pro 8a and two pro-heads to photograph her using high-speed flash photography.

With the Profoto Pro8a, you are looking at 20 flashes per second or 1/12000th second per burst.

It was that incredibly fast flash speed that freezes her, not the H4D-40.

Hope that helps.

mvirtue

Well certainly no failure with this image!
Beautiful subject and image. Impressive...
Bob
Thanks! Unfortunately I did get the back to fail :(

Mark,

That would be a great pic taken with an iPhone. :thumbup:
Thanks!

I'd have probably fit in more at the museum if I had had an iPhone. I got some of the weirdest looks I've ever gotten. I did have a guard stop by and chat about medium format which was cool.

Beautiful image! I have an RZ67 myself and have been quite enamored with the look of 6x7, and was wondering if shooting with an MFDB delivers the 645 look or the 67 look. What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks!
It's different, yet the same. Intellectually, I know that 110mm is the same no matter what. 110mm on my 645AF feels distant/detached, on the RZ I find there is an immediacy. But then I'm not really using any of the good Phase/Mamiya lenses on the 645AF, just the 55-110 and the 105-210.

SergeiR

Stopped by the Babcock Mill on my way to the Northeast. Hopefully when I come back this way there will be some fall color. Looks at least a couple weeks out but some of the maples outside the park have already turned.

IQ180 HR32mm Stitched and Cropped:
Great shot, Ed. But then... Do we even have to say that :) Oh wait - yes.. Praise is balm for artist's soul (or something like that.. )

SergeiR

Seattle Museum of Flight with the youngest

Mamiya RZ67ProIID 110F2.8 Leaf Aptus-II 7

Took the RZ to the museum to work on reproducing the failure mode I am getting with the back :(
nice and clean. There is something about RZ shots and kids, i think.. They just click together.

etrump

Great shot, Ed. But then... Do we even have to say that :) Oh wait - yes.. Praise is balm for artist's soul (or something like that.. )
LOL! Aren't all artists (and photographers) closet manic depressants waiting for that next compliment to boost our sagging self image? :ROTFL:

Thanks all for the compliments on the mill image. Without much water in Glade Creek the composition was obvious.

kuau

Workshop Member
This is what photography is all about. Capturing moments in time. Well Done
Seattle Museum of Flight with the youngest

Mamiya RZ67ProIID 110F2.8 Leaf Aptus-II 7

Took the RZ to the museum to work on reproducing the failure mode I am getting with the back :(

S

Shelby Lewis

LOL! Aren't all artists (and photographers) closet manic depressants waiting for that next compliment to boost our sagging self image? :ROTFL:
Some of us not so closeted as others... I can't even bring myself to post sometimes for fear of NOT getting some sort of affirmation! :D:D

Ah, the "artists way", lol!

SergeiR

Most certainly is... I hosted the workshop here at my studio in Boston. You can see it in my Bio link on my website.
Was too lazy to look in bio. I just remember seeing other moment with same model behind that sign from his workshop images in stream ;) So i as usual i just asked. Being rude as i am ;)

Shashin

I had a stroll along the beach yesterday. Happy as a clam, but perhaps not as happy as these clams. Pentax 645D, DFA 55mm, handheld using the Pentax 90 degree angle finder.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
My recent trip to the Narrows in Zion. My first time there, I'll be back when conditions better to shoot. Fun hike (as long as you don't mind getting very wet :) )

DF/IQ180 with 45mm, ISO35, 1 sec/f10

28mm, 1.3 sec, f/11

105-210 at 105, 0.6 sec at f/11

Status
Not open for further replies.