The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamaro

Man you guys are killing me with the great photos being shared!

Some great work shout outs to to - SergeiR, Ed and Macoberly to name a few!

2jbourret

Recent posts here are stunning! Bryce Canyon, the lighthouses, Bill's coastline, all stunning.
Here's one of mine, shot last week (ignore the watermark)
CamboWDS/P45+/35xl/10mm rise, cropped

tsjanik

What a run of great shots. Macorberly that might be the most impressive view of Bryce I’ve seen and I love Bill's shots of the Bruce peninsula. Bill is that the western shore? I hesitate to post any shots, but here’s a portion of a panorama of the Hayden valley in Yellowstone.

Tom

2jbourret

Macoberly, can you share any of the specifics of your Bryce shot here? Shutter, stitch, centerfilter, etc? Amazing, amazing shot, I don't think I've seen anything of Bryce that compares (and I've certainly tried).

Last edited:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Macoberly, can you share any of the specifics of your Bryce shot here? Shutter, stitch, centerfilter, etc? Amazing, amazing shot, I don't think I've seen anything of Bryce that compares (and I've certainly tried).
Agreed ... some terrific light on a shot from Bryce, usually see more contrast. I'm hoping to hit bryce sometime this winter ...

macoberly

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Jamie this shot is taken from the Bryce Point overlook, real original I know. I took this shot about 30-40 minutes before the sun came up. About this time the "glow" is amazing. About 10-15 minutes before the sun comes up the colors flatten out remarkably and the scene is dull. So that being said, be there plenty early for the "glow". I didn't do much processing, boosted the shadows a bit, LCC, and adjusted white balance a bit more yellow than my custom "daylight" setting in C1.

30 sec. exposure with a center filter and f11.

Jamie where was your shot taken?

Mason.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Great image with beautiful pastel palette. Ditto on details. It looks like a pre-sunrise alpine glow long exposure and I'd love to know how long you had to bake that one in using the P45+.

2jbourret

Mason, thank you for the info. I've been there at sunrise, but never as early as your visit. Absolutely beautiful!

My shot is from a location in SE Idaho, called City of Rocks. It is a National Preserve, very near the Utah border. This was shot in the evening, looking east. 10 second exposure, with CF and a GND filter.

stngoldberg

I so enjoy everyone's images. I try to do what I call fine art. Here is one from last weekend...shot with an H4D50, f 11, 1/20 sec, ISO 100

Stanley

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

What a run of great shots. Macorberly that might be the most impressive view of Bryce I’ve seen and I love Bill's shots of the Bruce peninsula. Bill is that the western shore? I hesitate to post any shots, but here’s a portion of a panorama of the Hayden valley in Yellowstone.

Tom

Tom, technically it's the northern shore - it's the Georgian Bay side rather than Lake Huron.

Thank you for your kind comments - and please post more of your shots!
Bill

Analog6

Such a wealth of wonderful and inspirational stuff on here. Sounds like I'll never get to Bryce canyon with one dicky knee and 2 wonky ankles, but the images are great. I love the lighthouse shots too. Stanley, the barbershop is a wonderful image, pity about the darned TV screens, but that's modern life.

Christopher

Another one just finished. It is part from a much bigger Pano, but I liked it a lot so I made this one.

P65 - R HR-W 90mm (around 4 Images stitched)

etrump

Recent posts here are stunning! Bryce Canyon, the lighthouses, Bill's coastline, all stunning.
Here's one of mine, shot last week (ignore the watermark)
CamboWDS/P45+/35xl/10mm rise, cropped
I like the light in this one James. I would have been tempted to crop out the sky but it adds a nice color complement.

etrump

Great images on this page, a testament to the talent on this forum.

Christopher, I like the muted color and light in your images. All nice images but the vertical is my favorite.

It is interesting to see the different approaches to lighting and color in this forum. Very different but most are natural looking as well.

Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.