The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Another one just finished. It is part from a much bigger Pano, but I liked it a lot so I made this one.

P65 - R HR-W 90mm (around 4 Images stitched)

Christopher:

I find the water reflections fascinating; I would be tempted to print an image with only the water. I am mystified by the orange strip on the left side of the reflection. I can not find its origin in the skyline.

Tom

kuau

Workshop Member
Just a quick one from today, Leaf AFI Zeiss 250mm F16 / Aptus II 7
When the next snow fall hits, we should be in full fall color swing. I can't wait.

Steven

kuau

Workshop Member
Jack,
I was just joking about the workshop in Zion,
I myself probably could not make the journey and Im in pretty good shape.
Though I would love to go down there one day with another photographer who has done the journey before.

Steven

If you've ever done the hike, you'll understand why we don't take a group in there! Seriously, the liability exposure prevents it. It is hard work, you have to slog the river, some sections nearly waist-deep, and it's all upstream for about 4 miles -- so you need to be in shape. (The downstream return is relatively easy.) You can enter from above, but there is a section you need to rope down, so it requires some basic rock climbing gear and expertise. On the upside, you get images that most folks never will. Fall when the aspens turn is the best time IMHO, though there are not many trees in the gorge area itself -- but the water and Sun are lower and the light is quite nice. I pack my gear in kayaking "dry bags" and in turn put those in a proper trekking back-pack with support -- it is easy to fall in that little river... Boots with felt creeper soles help grip the slick river rocks, and a wading staff can provide added stability. It's a worthwhile excursion, but do it with a buddy or two for safety and carry some emergency gear for an unplanned overnight.

Christopher

Great images on this page, a testament to the talent on this forum.

Christopher, I like the muted color and light in your images. All nice images but the vertical is my favorite.

It is interesting to see the different approaches to lighting and color in this forum. Very different but most are natural looking as well.

Kudos!
Thx a lot. It was an amazing time ins Sydney and I had a week of brilliant weather. Many different conditions. Shnaghai wasn't that great and the muted colors from the third image, are pretty much real. There was only done some small processing. It was extremly hazy. I just whished I had more time traveling, but than again I currently can't keep up with processing ;-)

Christopher

Another one just finished. It is part from a much bigger Pano, but I liked it a lot so I made this one.

P65 - R HR-W 90mm (around 4 Images stitched)

Christopher:

I find the water reflections fascinating; I would be tempted to print an image with only the water. I am mystified by the orange strip on the left side of the reflection. I can not find its origin in the skyline.

Tom
The Orange comes from the "street" lamp, which looks more like a huge street lamp. It was very bright.

Christopher

Here is another one from Sydney. (and yes I'm currently trying to finish all images from that tripo)

Just a few days later, but there was quite a storm coming.

macoberly

Nice shot. I portrait perspective captures the magnitude of the mountains well. I'm hoping fall is late there this year so I can make it out there. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

M>

Just a quick one from today, Leaf AFI Zeiss 250mm F16 / Aptus II 7
When the next snow fall hits, we should be in full fall color swing. I can't wait.

Steven

tsjanik

Out on my back deck in Telluride this morning.
Leaf AFI, 250mm Aptus II 7 Afi

Steven

Nice shots Steven. How come you get to live in these cool places? How's the new system? Here is one from last summer. An approaching storm in the Badlands, SD. Nothing special, but what interests me are the cloud patterns. I've seen faces in clouds before, but this one seems devilish.

Tom

D

Deleted member 7792

Steve,

Magnificent! Great color, detail, and composition. With that hint of blue sky in the upper right and dark clouds in the upper left, I almost want to see more of the sky. I can't wait to see your captures of fall color in the Rockies. Hope I can join you one of these days.

Joe

tsjanik

Thanks Paul and Jack. I must say given the terrain and weather I should have been able to do better.
Another cloud shot: There was a front that moved through yesterday (W. New York). As Bill and anyone who spends time on the Great Lakes knows, weather systems can appear rapidly and with considerable violence. The incoming front pictured below was taken yesterday around 7 pm (645D, 35mm). When I took this there was a slight breeze and a temperature of about 70 F; within a few minutes, winds were around 35mph accompanied by rain and temperature drops. I'm glad I wasn't on a boat :)
Note the downdraft causing a lighter colored ripple in the water ahead of the cloud.

Tom

kuau

Workshop Member
Steve,

Magnificent! Great color, detail, and composition. With that hint of blue sky in the upper right and dark clouds in the upper left, I almost want to see more of the sky. I can't wait to see your captures of fall color in the Rockies. Hope I can join you one of these days.

Joe
Thanks Joe, Yeah it should start getting good pretty soon here . actually any day now. I took this one today of the trees..

SergeiR

When I took this there was a slight breeze and a temperature of about 70 F; within a few minutes, winds were around 35mph accompanied by rain and temperature drops. I'm glad I wasn't on a boat :)
Note the downdraft causing a lighter colored ripple in the water ahead of the cloud.
sweet shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.