The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Emm

First pic I've posted here. Hopefully done so correctly.

This photo could have benefitted from tilt-shift for better perspective management of the picture frames, so working on another edit to try and remedy this - but for now, here's Marianna...

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Couldn't sleep so working on some images from Thursday night. The reds are terrific right now here in Utah. We have sort of a double fall here. Reds pop sometime in Sept. and as they peak and then fade, the yellows of aspens start to shine into October. (and of course, after the mountains lose their color, you can head to places like Zions in late Oct or early Nov and still get some great color). Here are a couple of ones I like so far ...

Phase DF with 75-150 at 135mm, 3 sec at f/8, ISO 35

Phase DF with 75-150 at 125mm, 1.3 sec at f/8, ISO 35

Last edited:

tsjanik

I love the fall shots Wayne. I envy you folks in the west -great natural features in every direction. Great cloud shots Bill. We don't have the mountains or deserts, but we do get fabulous cloud formations in the east.
Thanks for all the kind comments. Here’s another from last week, after the front passed through. A manual stitch of two images. Very surreal color, which I may have overdone in post.

Tom.

sept stormPanorama2 (2) by tsjanik47, on Flickr

jerome

Couldn't sleep so working on some images from Thursday night. The reds are terrific right now here in Utah. We have sort of a double fall here. Reds pop sometime in Sept. and as they peak and then fade, the yellows of aspens start to shine into October. (and of course, after the mountains lose their color, you can head to places like Zions in late Oct or early Nov and still get some great color). Here are a couple of ones I like so far ...

Phase DF with 75-150 at 135mm, 3 sec at f/8, ISO 35

Phase DF with 75-150 at 125mm, 1.3 sec at f/8, ISO 35
I love the second image !

I just can't wait to be next week for 10 days in NH & Vermont to take that kind of beautiful pictures ! Red, green, yellow :)
wow !

etrump

Thanks Bob, I've been hanging around for about a week waiting for the marine layer to move on but it keeps hanging around. This was the first decent morning in several days. I'm giving it one more morning than moving on to Acadia for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.