The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

First pic I've posted here. Hopefully done so correctly.

This photo could have benefitted from tilt-shift for better perspective management of the picture frames, so working on another edit to try and remedy this - but for now, here's Marianna...
Welcome Jay! Interesting backdrop, nicely done.

etrump

Here is another one from Sydney. (and yes I'm currently trying to finish all images from that tripo)

Just a few days later, but there was quite a storm coming.

I like the skyline and clouds together Christopher. Is this a crop or stitch?

Looks like you took this near the botanical gardens. I thought Sydney was a very approachable city photographically speaking. The parks don't close and shut you out at night either.

Where you able to get anything from across the coat hanger bridge?

Christopher

I like the skyline and clouds together Christopher. Is this a crop or stitch?

Looks like you took this near the botanical gardens. I thought Sydney was a very approachable city photographically speaking. The parks don't close and shut you out at night either.

Where you able to get anything from across the coat hanger bridge?
Thx a lot Ed. The image is stitched out of two images. One for the sky and one for the water. I really loved Sydney. I have a lot more images from a few other points as well. I just haven't had the time to finish all. (Currently visting Boston for a week)

dick

I have been too ill to keep up, but I have now sent off the pictures for my wife's website. (Rosalind Caplis Dance) but the pictures may not be up till the end of the week. The cartwheel shot was 1/500th no flash and looks OK with slight blur... but due to 400iso and attempts to rectify back lighting the costume is noisy.

It is interesting that the one shot on the website taken with a Hasselblad looks, to me, so much better that the rest,,, in spite of having been downsized to 2MB.

I think any large flash used at a small percentage of it's maximum power gives a short flash.

I shouldn't mention it here, but I have resorted to a GH2 for no-flash (dance) studio pictures of dancers and gymnasts, mainly for my wife's website.

The H4D-40 is much better than my H4D-60, and it would be nice to have both...

A tech cam would be good for this shot?

I have used my H4D-60 for dancers with my 4 head studio flash system, and should be able to use it with my 4 head Metz system.

PS I have a diagnosis, and I am booked in for a Cardioversion on 6th October.
Dick, the trick here is really the flash (lighting) and not so much the camera itself.

I use the Profoto Pro 8a and two pro-heads to photograph her using high-speed flash photography.

With the Profoto Pro8a, you are looking at 20 flashes per second or 1/12000th second per burst.

It was that incredibly fast flash speed that freezes her, not the H4D-40.

Hope that helps.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Steven,

LOVE the composition, but personally speaking, I would like to see the shadows opened up a bit to show some detail.

etrump

Thx a lot Ed. The image is stitched out of two images. One for the sky and one for the water. I really loved Sydney. I have a lot more images from a few other points as well. I just haven't had the time to finish all. (Currently visting Boston for a week)
Boston - another great photography location, especially from across the bay/river at night.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Hunting for aspen golds last night ... some small patches but still a few days away. Did find this nice stand of aspen trunks ... this is Alpine Loop in Utah on the Sundance side

PhaseDF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 125mm, f/11, 1.3 seconds, ISO 35 (3 shot focus stack)

Last edited:

macoberly

Thanks for the great shots Wayne. Fall colors in my own backyard very well could've passed me by without your help.

Silver Lake Area - Alpine Loop, Utah (Aspens still need a little more time but Maples and Oakbrush is great)
Cambo WDS, 72mm, P45+, 2 image stitch (still need a more processing, but I'm headed to the NW for a week)

Mason.

Charles Wood

Here is another Utah image. Wildflowers at sunrise in the upper meadows of Mt. Timpanogos, from the Timponeeke Trail. Pentax 645D, 55mm, F22, three frame vertical stitch with a bit of dodging.

yatlee

Hunting for aspen golds last night ... some small patches but still a few days away. Did find this nice stand of aspen trunks ... this is Alpine Loop in Utah on the Sundance side

PhaseDF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 125mm, f/11, 1.3 seconds, ISO 35 (3 shot focus stack)
Wayne, Love your fall shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.