The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

Could you advise the aperture used in this lovely shot? I’ve been thinking about getting one of these 300s, but wondering if it would be useable at full aperture.
Another thought: the Mom is in focus and is tack sharp, the cubs are not (slightly out of the focus plane). There's 6-7 feet deep distance between them (the Mom is closer to us) which exceeds the plane of focus. I like to use focus as a creative instrument of setting accents in the picture and adding 3d effect (when it is used selectively on one of the subjects). I printed this picture 5 feet long using Canon ipf 8300 on Hahnemuehle FineArt Pearl and looks 3D on the wall :)

hcubell

The weather has finally cleared so we will be heading to the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

A photograph of Marshall Point lighthouse as the remnants of hurricane Ophelia were getting blown out by 35 MPH winds.

At least on my monitor, there is a quite obvious magenta color cast in the rear portion of the walkway to the lighthouse. The foreground portion has a green color cast. There is something weird going on.

mediumcool

At least on my monitor, there is a quite obvious magenta color cast in the rear portion of the walkway to the lighthouse. The foreground portion has a green color cast. There is something weird going on.
Wondering if lens flare could be the cause of the magenta spot; sky is hot.

etrump

Now that you mention it, the HR23 with the CF is very susceptible to lens flare and it tends to be magenta in the very center of the frame. I waited for the sun to go behind the clouds to get rid of the railing shadow but the clouds are/where still very hot. I haven't had a chance to reload the raw file, it was just a quick process job on my laptop after a long day of shooting. Have to keep the blog/facebook watchers at bay. :)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This is my 1st pose here. I've just recently found out this forum and love it.
Hasselblad H4D-40 with HCD 28mm
Three exposeure with manual HDR.
Thanks!

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Now that you mention it, the HR23 with the CF is very susceptible to lens flare and it tends to be magenta in the very center of the frame. I waited for the sun to go behind the clouds to get rid of the railing shadow but the clouds are/where still very hot. I haven't had a chance to reload the raw file, it was just a quick process job on my laptop after a long day of shooting. Have to keep the blog/facebook watchers at bay. :)
Interesting, because I'm having problems with magenta flare when near the edge of occasional images ... something I've only ever seen on my IQ180. I've got a couple of images that took some serious post work to fix it.

yaya

The 23mm requires a large hood/ shade to prevent these hot spots. If you shoot something even in colour you'll see that it's got the shape of the shutter blades

Another thought: the Mom is in focus and is tack sharp, the cubs are not (slightly out of the focus plane). There's 6-7 feet deep distance between them (the Mom is closer to us) which exceeds the plane of focus. I like to use focus as a creative instrument of setting accents in the picture and adding 3d effect (when it is used selectively on one of the subjects). I printed this picture 5 feet long using Canon ipf 8300 on Hahnemuehle FineArt Pearl and looks 3D on the wall :)
Its a lovely shot, is your work inspired by Nick Brandt perhaps? The print must be amazing.

mediumcool

I hate to put this right after Ed's great shot, but I would like some advice from the collective skill of members of this thread. What's wrong with these shots?! I took them last evening and it's the sort of image I like, but this one fall flat and I don't really know why. No true point of interest? I know they need more post work, but it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Thanks for any ideas,

Tom

Untitled_Panorama22 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Untitled_Panorama23 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Only just seen these; try cropping out some sky. And perhaps some subtle vignetting to draw the eye to the centre. Second shot, I would crop down to a square to see how that looks.

djonesii

Workshop Member
Some more studio work ....

P30+

G3

Been using a Nikon d300 for my really wides and as a backup. The G3 is about to take it's place ....

As usual, there is a full set of the model posing fine art figure, if you care to take a look, drop a PM or davejonesii at yahoo dot com.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.