The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Cambo RS, SK72L, IQ180, 2 shot stitch.

Boxley Valley is arguably the most magical place in the state of Arkansas. The valley includes a number of family-operated farms, dating from 1870 and 1930. The farms are situated on either side of the road that parallels the Buffalo National River. Many of these farms are still operated by the descendants of the original homesteaders. There were around fifty homes in the valley when it was designated as a cultural and historic district in 1987. Of those only a couple dozen were inhabited so there are many vacant buildings in various states of disrepair.

The area is rich in scenic wonders in addition to the Buffalo National River. Numerous waterfalls, streams, caves, hiking trails and wilderness areas including a 35 foot waterfall inside one of the caves. On any given day, you might see cattle, elk, white-tail deer and trumpeter swans sharing the lush meadows and ponds in the small valley.
Thank you for sharing. This is truly amazing (as always).

Analog6

I am visiting Tasmania for a few days to house/mother/fish sit for y sister & bil so they can have a break. Sunday afternoon I went oast house viewing with a couple of RedBubble friends. We really lucked out on the golden hour light.

There is a good history of the Derwent Valley Oast Houses here

These are linked from my RB, more shots there or my blog. All H2, P20, HC50-110 zoom

The Text Kiln, Bushy Park, Tasmania

And a second kiln/oast house on the site

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Portland Japanese Garden - yes, that tree ... snuck out this afternoon to see what it looked like with the intention of shooting it tomorrow with the Alpa. I got dumped on with rain and the canopy was getting sparse so it looks like I'll have to live with this one for this year.

IQ160 645DF 35mm 1.6s f/14

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Portland Japanese Garden - yes, that tree ... snuck out this afternoon to see what it looked like with the intention of shooting it tomorrow with the Alpa. I got dumped on with rain and the canopy was getting sparse so it looks like I'll have to live with this one for this year.

Pixel Peeper
Stunning! The color is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

vjbelle

Haven't been to the Grand Canyon for a long time and was lucky to arrive at the end of a storm.

Schneider 100mm Digitar, Alpa STC.

Victor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Graham W, just superb :thumbs:

etrump

Everyone covets a shot of that tree as nice as this one - fantastic! :thumbs:

etrump

Something a little different from me, I'll probably crop a bit off the top. They are looking for a 10' wide mural for their clubhouse.

Cambo, SK72L, IQ180, ISO35, 2 shot stitch:

Status
Not open for further replies.