The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bellyk

Been on Maui for the week. Having to process most of my IQ180 files in Lightroom ... C1 and the laptop just struggle a bit too much. Also until they fix the cursor bug local adjustments are nearly impossible. This one is shot at Secret Cove in the Makena area.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180, 75-150 lens at 125, 0.5 seconds at f/20, ISO 35

This is from the Bamboo Forest near Hana

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 90mm, 2 secs at f/16, ISO 200

Finally got a palm tree sunset I like OK ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 8 sec at f/16, ISO 35
Beautiful work Wayne

D

Deleted member 7792

Thanks Ed, Dan, Steven and "tsjanik" for your kind comments. The light in both Bryce and Zion was magical.

Here's another one from Zion. This rock formation is known as The Preacher and the Pulpit. 645DF and IQ180.

D

Deleted member 7792

I'm doing a series of macro shots of butterflies... here are a couple. They're shot on a light table with a SK110LS and extension rings. They're at the printers right now being printed onto 1.5 metre square panels of silk crepe, and if all goes well will hang about two inches off the wall so that they pop suddenly when lit, and then flutter in any drafts. We'll see. But it was a fun project!
Tim,

I'd love to see a photo of the finished project. These two are wonderful. The colors jump off the screen.

D

Deleted member 7792

Portland Japanese Garden - yes, that tree ... snuck out this afternoon to see what it looked like with the intention of shooting it tomorrow with the Alpa. I got dumped on with rain and the canopy was getting sparse so it looks like I'll have to live with this one for this year.

IQ160 645DF 35mm 1.6s f/14
Graham,

Thanks for sharing this image. I have never seen "that tree", nor had I known about it until I saw your photo. Great color and composition. Looks like a character from Lord of the Rings should appear in the foreground.

Grayhand

Two more pictures from "Söderåsen" nature reserve in southern Sweden.
AFDlll, 35 mm AF and 50 mm shift, P45+

Ray

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Two more pictures from "Söderåsen" nature reserve in southern Sweden.
AFDlll, 35 mm AF and 50 mm shift, P45+

Ray
I love the first image, but when I bring up the large version most of the saturation seems to be gone ... not sure why. The preview looks much better

Grayhand

Hi Wayne, glad you liked it :)

Dont understand why you get different saturation beetwen the two versions.
Is it the same with the other image also?
They both look ok on my screen.

Ray

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Hi Wayne, glad you liked it :)

Dont understand why you get different saturation beetwen the two versions.
Is it the same with the other image also?
They both look ok on my screen.

Ray
Second one has no imbedded profile, looks fine. first one has a strange profile imbedded ... your monitor profile? "Farg-LCD kaliberad_A". Safari on my mac is color managed, so might be the issue.

Ben Rubinstein

Heck yeah it works! That is an incredible image on many many levels. I keep coming back to it, it's what I call a picture of the mind, a picture which conjurs so much thought, musing, emotions.

Utterly fantastic.

*edit* I'd love to see a large quality print of that picture, it's one of the best pictures I've seen in perhaps a year or more. Let me know when you offer it for sale!

jlm

Workshop Member
outstanding image, might try to get rid of the vignetting upper left. the mood, layering and topography rising out of the mist are very interesting

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Brightened up the fall! The picture was taken last week.
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Alamosa, CO

Phase One DF with IQ 180
55mm LS

Status
Not open for further replies.