The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Jack,
I see the second image... is it still not visible to you. I've shot with Jennifer before and quite agree she's gorgeous, also a sweet old fashioned young lady.
It's there now -- not sure why I couldn't see it before.

T

thsinar

I did choose them especially for David: he deserves it! Wait for the next ones to come.

;)

Thierry

Ray,
These models were arranged by Sinar and come free for the life of the back. Don't tell me Phase and Hassy don't have the same thing :)

harmsr

Workshop Member

Ray,
These models were arranged by Sinar and come free for the life of the back. Don't tell me Phase and Hassy don't have the same thing :)
OK - I now officially HATE both you and Thierry!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

David K

Workshop Member

Ray, as my kids would say... "Don't be hatin'... where's the LOVE :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Yea is that with there hand out no doubt, I have a couple of those kids there hand is turning green. LOL

Stuart Richardson

This was taken about 6 months ago, so while now Iceland has about 20 hours of daylight and 4 hours of twilight, it had 20 hours of night and four hours of twilight when I took it.

Mamiya 7II, 43mm and provia 400F. I forgot my tripod so it was balanced on a rock!

If you have never seen the aurora, it is worth braving the arctic (or anarctic) winter some day. It is one of the most amazing things you'll ever see. What you cannot convey in a photograph is the way that it moves. It dances and ripples like a flag in the wind.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hopefully next spring workshop in Iceland. I would love to see this in person.

Stuart Richardson

Unfortunately Guy, you won't see it in the spring, as it will not be dark enough. Peak time for the aurora is in the late fall to deep winter.

bensonga

If you have never seen the aurora, it is worth braving the arctic (or anarctic) winter some day. It is one of the most amazing things you'll ever see. What you cannot convey in a photograph is the way that it moves. It dances and ripples like a flag in the wind.
I'll second that one! I've see the Aurora Borealis many times over the past 20+ years living in Alaska.....at times, it's almost hard to believe it's real.

I'll never forget one night in particular, I was out with a friend doing some serious star gazing. We had setup two big telescopes on a ridge north of Eagle River, away from the sky glow of Anchorage. The seeing conditions were excellent and we had some great views of galaxies, nebulas, star clusters etc. Then, about midnight, the aurora activity started kicking up. Within 30 minutes, we had to give up the star gazing because the brightness in the sky from the aurora was so powerful, it overwhelmed everything we were trying to see with the telescopes. Eventually, we admitted defeat, enjoyed the dancing light show for awhile longer, then packed up the scopes for the night and headed home.

Gary

David K

Workshop Member

Seeing that is on my Bucket List (btw, great movie for those who haven't seen it). Stuart, if you can't get it with the Mamiya 7ii and 43mm, you can't get it.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

David,
I am sorry that you are in a scenery challenged zone.
What is around the corner here:

Grist Mill
View attachment 5828
-bob

David K

Workshop Member

Hey Bob... thanks for the condolences, it's something I've learned to live with :) That's a beautiful capture. I opened it in PS to confirm that you shot it with the P45+ and was playing around with it a bit. It lends itself nicely to several different treatments but I really do like your low contrast rendition. Hope the hand is healing quickly.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you David,
The hand is doing pretty well, but it is still a bit stiff.
Just so you know, Phase has the same deal as Sinar, except that their models are not ready yet so they give you this "loaner" to shoot while you wait.

View attachment 5832
-bob

harmsr

Workshop Member

Thank you David,
Just so you know, Phase has the same deal as Sinar, except that their models are not ready yet so they give you this "loaner" to shoot while you wait.
-bob
Bob, Glad that your hand is healing.

LANCE - I didn't even get the loaner. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT ???????

Ray

David K

Workshop Member

Guys, I was with Lance on Thursday and trust me, he has models... he's just not sharing very well.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

David,
When you see Lance, tell him that Cynthia has her model preferences too :)

And this is my loaner Horseman in my studio with all of my other toys.

View attachment 5839
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Bob, LOVE the grist mill image!!! The sculpture a Rodin?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks Jack,
Actually that Rodin is a Degas. It is a casting from one of the studio models they found after his death.
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.