The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Super crisp light out at the lakes today. Used a cabin 6x7 loupe to focus and found it MUCH easier than the WLF magnifier. Definitely feeling the need for tele and wide lenses.

RZ IID, 110/2.8, Aptus II-6

and a non-color-processed 100% crop. Pretty happy with my measly 28mp. I do think my focus screen needs a slight calibration (for front focus), but f11-ish apertures covered it up today.

Cheers!
Shelby

Few new Images I shot on my trip a month ago up to the North West of Australia. all with H4D-40 and 28mm
Bungle Bungle

Broome

Kimberley

dick

Few new Images I shot on my trip a month ago up to the North West of Australia. all with H4D-40 and 28mm
Bungle Bungle

Broome

Kimberley
I know the light is good in the antipodes (I have been there) but is there something magic about Hasselblad colour?

None of the Alpha pictures on the technical camera sub-form seems to have any impact or clarity, which is strange, as it is the lens and digital back that make the difference!

S

Shelby Lewis

Will... love those images. To be so saturated and vivid, they still don't come across as over-the-top to me. Kudos :thumbup:

Playing around in a dim, window lit living room this morning. My girl, playing the usual serious subject (totally the opposite of her normal personality).

RZIID, Aptus II 6 @ ISO 100 (Underexposed a bit)... 110/2.8 @ f/4

Mild blue/yellow split-tone added in post.

Cheers!
Shelby

Ben Rubinstein

Will... love those images. To be so saturated and vivid, they still don't come across as over-the-top to me. Kudos :thumbup:

Playing around in a dim, window lit living room this morning. My girl, playing the usual serious subject (totally the opposite of her normal personality).

RZIID, Aptus II 6 @ ISO 100 (Underexposed a bit)... 110/2.8 @ f/4

Mild blue/yellow split-tone added in post.

Cheers!
Shelby
Those RZ lenses really do have a georgous rendition don't they? You're creating magic with them Shelby...

baxter

A visit to Mupe for sunrise is non-trivial, it's quite a hike in the near dark. Another obstacle was the locked gate into the Army Range; it should have been open... Having arrived on the beach it took my eyes a short while to identify where to set up. Wet rocks made it treacherously slippery underfoot. I could see the light glinting off the two foreground rocks, so based the composition on this. Using my lightmeter, pretty much everything read zero, even though they had to be different types of zero...! I had to guess on exposure, so decided upon 4 minutes, the camera then takes an equivalent 'dark' exposure for noise reduction. So 8 minutes for me to see that this time, I had guessed correctly.

Conditions changed massively during my 2.5 hours on the beach, leaving in pure sunshine.

baxter

Having enjoyed a short session at Porth Nanven during Xmas eve morning, things darkened out to sea. Shortly afterwards I could see that a rainbow would appear. The challenge as I saw it was to ensure I could get some shots, whilst readying my bag for quick pack up and shelter behind rocks on south side of beach.

The patch of wet sand with the cliff reflection in it also features in 'Golden Flow', a very different image just 10 mins prior to this. From rainbow formation to finish, was just 3 minutes and I used 150, 45 then 28mm lenses. This is from the 45mm.

baxter

Golden Flow - This image was made about 10 minutes before the formation of the rainbow. The warm coloured cliff reflection in the wet sand drew me to this region of the beach. Square crop suited the curve of the stream better than either 5x4 or native 4x3.

djonesii

Workshop Member
a beatle .... no a beetle!

Been working some more with focus stacking

Dead models are so much easier to work with.

Not sure if the wife minds these more or less than the nude ones:ROTFL:

Dave

dick

Re: a beatle .... no a beetle!

Been working some more with focus stacking

Dead models are so much easier to work with.

Not sure if the wife minds these more or less than the nude ones:ROTFL:

Dave
If you used tilt as well as focus stacking you would need fewer shots, and would get the background in focus - do you move the camera, lens, digital back or subject for shacking?

djonesii

Workshop Member
The camera was moved.

I have a velmex linear stage, typically used in CNC machining. The lead screw is 10 TPI as I recall. On that, I have mounted a Bogen quick release plate.

Agree 100% about tilt. As some time down the road, I will invest in a TS bellows, but for the moment, I'm limited to moving the camera.

With my reasonably equipped computer the whole processing sequence is around an hour, about 1/2 of this is spent in read time, so tilt/shift would be nice. In the whole flow, the setup takes around as long as the processing.

Dave

dick

The camera was moved.

I have a velmex linear stage, typically used in CNC machining. The lead screw is 10 TPI as I recall. On that, I have mounted a Bogen quick release plate.

Agree 100% about tilt. As some time down the road, I will invest in a TS bellows, but for the moment, I'm limited to moving the camera.

With my reasonably equipped computer the whole processing sequence is around an hour, about 1/2 of this is spent in read time, so tilt/shift would be nice. In the whole flow, the setup takes around as long as the processing.

Dave
I am thinking of setting up kit to auto-photo-stack ¿CAPcam? for commercial macro for jewelery catalogs etc., with a £10k mac pro to try to keep up with it!

Stackshots may be a possibility, but if CAPcam will be able do it all, why bother?

Christopher

Just finished a very old image. I don't even have the raw file, but I would guess it was a P25 back with 5 frames or a 10D with 12 frames....

Well here it is

dogstarnyc

Victoria Peak in Hong Kong if I remember rightly.....

Simply awesome place, from the 45 degree 'ride' up there to the views across to Kowloon...

FAB shot Christopher

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.