The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

The camera was moved.

I have a velmex linear stage, typically used in CNC machining. The lead screw is 10 TPI as I recall. On that, I have mounted a Bogen quick release plate.

Agree 100% about tilt. As some time down the road, I will invest in a TS bellows, but for the moment, I'm limited to moving the camera.

With my reasonably equipped computer the whole processing sequence is around an hour, about 1/2 of this is spent in read time, so tilt/shift would be nice. In the whole flow, the setup takes around as long as the processing.

Dave
Interesting. The Velmex stage is interesting. Would you recommend it? Is it very stable? Does it wobble at all? I am using the Manfrotto macro rail...its ok, but I would like something more stable. i explored the Velmex, but without the ability to test, its a pricey solution.

SergeiR

thanks, Christopher.. its downsized from pre-print version (me being lazy to make special version).. and thus it kinda became a bit too sharp, indeed.

SergeiR

Mike, if you dont mind - can you please retrouch few more things? :)

- Pull in a bit of the skin hanging above dress in low-left (also reduce appearance of the arm, might as well d&b it a bit, to reduce it further)
- Two ring wrinkles on neck really do bug me - this areas is out of focus anyway, may as well get rid of them, or mask a bit.
- D&B makeup on eyes. Flash always pushes out true blacks from mascara, and it will make them more striking.

other than that - its great portrait indeed. Specially for a test.
(only thing - light hitting her jaw made it more square, by pushing lit edge out - optical effect, but..).

Mike Dote

I like the reedition, Mike - nice clean composition - any tech details - lens and camera?

- Pull in a bit of the skin hanging above dress in low-left (also reduce appearance of the arm, might as well d&b it a bit, to reduce it further)
- Two ring wrinkles on neck really do bug me - this areas is out of focus anyway, may as well get rid of them, or mask a bit.
- D&B makeup on eyes. Flash always pushes out true blacks from mascara, and it will make them more striking.

(only thing - light hitting her jaw made it more square, by pushing lit edge out - optical effect, but..).
I'm not yet versed in how to pull skin in yet.
But...
I'll work on the wrinkles on the neck, and thanks for the tip about the mascara. I will definitely work on that.

Thanks for the input.

Swissblad

Thanks Sergei - those are very helpful tips - for an outsider as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.