The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl-b

My girlfriend (without knowing the different camera) prefers the Canon image.
I clearly prefer the film image.

I agree, i much prefer the film version the detail is astounding. However i can see why your girlfriend prefers the canon version, as it is more flattering to the models face :)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Really like the stones Wayne. Where were these shots taken? The red stone (upper) appears to be a well-worn brick.

Tom
This is in Maui about 10 miles before you get to Lahaina. I think they're natural, getting worn smooth by the wave action of the years, but not sure.

SergeiR

Why is there such a huge difference in light between the two? Also, what in the world is going on with her head shape in the canon shot? It looks completely distorted.
Different focal lengths. Flattening due telephoto. And 85mm typically isnt really for heashots, but for body shots.. so there you go..

PS: arf... just noticed Shashin already answered that.. :)

Valentin

For comparison / reference: Canon 1Ds3 - 85L @ 2.8 + ISO 100...
Not sure if you can call it "comparison". In both cases there is software involved which will affect the output dramatically.

Unless you have very controlled situations and software values, you can't really compare.

S

Shelby Lewis

Feeling a bit self-conscious posting these after such gorgeous work above...

out early this morning, probably should clean up the lake a bit.

RZ IID, 180/4.5 W, Aptus II 6

Cheers!
Shelby

Quentin_Bargate

I like detailed beach images.

Here is on I took with the H4D-50 and 120mm HC macro. Not up to Wayne's standard, but I quite liked it when I took it

So many great shots one posts anything with some trpidation ;)

jlm

Workshop Member
another one, four images using cylindrical merge in PS, this view is about 60 degrees ccw , completely different tripod setup. but same smoke stack shows in both

both panos with IQ 160 and Rodie 70. first set has 15mm up shift, second set has 15mm down shift, all in portrait orientation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.