The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

That is the look I like and I really like the 150 for it. Still want the new 150mm 2.8 but this version I just like wide open

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

Pentax 67, 200mm EDIF, Ilford Delta 100, Epson V750 Pro scan
(It's really too bad the Pentax 67 design doesn't lend itself to a MFDB)
I agree, I really liked the P67II but abandoned it due to the lack of digital capability. But Mamiya 645 has many of the same upsides, like a wide assortment of lenses. Only 645 with film though. Hope to post some photos when I have my setup ready. (AFDII, 80 AF, 55 AF, 210 ULD AF, Kirk L bracket, film back, in transit.) Here's one I took with the P67 and Fisheye. I definitely want a Mamiya 24 Fisheye eventually.

Here's a 612, also Delta 100. Probably Microdol-X.

Anyway, I'm happy to be shooting MF again, except in digital this time. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great images Jan regardless of medium, but at the same time, welcome to the digital MF world!

:clap:,

bensonga

Agreed....terrific shots Jan. I don't have a 35mm fisheye for my P67s...that's one of the nicest fisheye shots I've seen. Was the "612" taken with a Fuji MF camera? Also, have you selected a MF DB for your Mamiya 645 AFD yet?

Correction to my earlier post.....it was a 300mm EDIF lens, not a 200mm. It's a sweet lens...much better than the earlier 300mm Pentax 67 lens. If only the P67 took a digital back....... :-(

Despite that limitation, I just can't bring myself to sell my P67....and as the saying goes....hope springs eternal.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

Agreed....terrific shots Jan. I don't have a 35mm fisheye for my P67s...that's one of the nicest fisheye shots I've seen. Was the "612" taken with a Fuji MF camera? Also, have you selected a MF DB for your Mamiya 645 AFD yet?
*blush*
Horseman 612 back on a Toyo 45AII, Nikkor SW 75/4.5 lens. I still call it MF! :)

I found a good deal on a ZD back from a fellow forumer. In fact, all I have right now is the back while everything else is on a cross country trip from the wrong coast to me. (Yeah, I know there's the DB Err plague, but I can live with that for my uses.)

Wasn't Pentax going to release a 645 digital, by the way, that would take 67 lenses with an adapter?

bensonga

Wasn't Pentax going to release a 645 digital, by the way, that would take 67 lenses with an adapter?
What's the term for this in the software world.....vaporware? The digital Pentax 645 was long rumored and I think Pentax even showed a non-working mockup of what it might look like....but the actual camera never materialized. Too bad. Surely someone could invent an adapter to mount a digital back on a P67? Guess I'll just have to keep scanning my 6x7 film and saving for that Hasselblad 503CWD-II. :)

Gary

fotografz

Nice Mark. Painterly.

I take it that that 50-110 is working for you quite well.

David K

Workshop Member

Great images on this page guys. Mark... love those colors, brings back memories of my long ago visit. Kurt, really like the trolley shot, nice to see you getting good stuff with your back.

Mitchell

Agree all good images on this page.

Mark, that's just the sort of situation that challenges the DR of my M8. One of the major reasons I'm considering MFDB. Nice job.

Best,

Mitchell

mark1958

I tell you the crater is just an amazing place. It almost feels like you are on another planet. I would have loved to spend more time there. With kids and family --- hard to spend a lot of time shooting. Marc the 50-110 is amazing in that it is on the camera 90% of the time. The rest split between the 28 and 210. Mark

fotografz

On vacation in Northern Michigan. Mostly crap light as I am with family ... no early mornings or sunsets :mad:

Grand Traverse Light House ... a landmark in need of upkeep.

Handheld H3D-II/39, HC 28 with polarizer ... color may be off as I am on my laptop.
Yuck ... I just got home and my pic post above looks crappy. I need to calibrate my laptop soon. I'll have to reprocess this one when I get a minute.

Graham Mitchell

From last night. Rollei 6008AF, 80mm f2 lens at f8, iso 50, 4", stitched pano (not finished yet)

fotografz

Martha Mary Chapel, Early Sunday Morning

View attachment 6174
-bob
Bob, this looks nice. We have a similar church near us but not as clean a surrounding as in your shot.

I wonder if a shot like this isn't a great candidate for HDR merging?

I was just starting to investigate this myself as I've never tried it.

Bet there are a bunch here that know exacly how to do it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great shot David! I love that lens, and this is a great example of what it can do in experienced hands!

Stuart Richardson

Wow, I can't wait to get mine back from the shop! It is such a spectacular lens.

Graham what happened to your shot? I liked it, and I am looking forward to seeing the finished version.

robmac

The 110/2 is an amazing portrait lens. One day when I finish jerking around my lens/camera wants/'needs'. I'll replace by Hassy/Zeiss version.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Bob, this looks nice. We have a similar church near us but not as clean a surrounding as in your shot.

I wonder if a shot like this isn't a great candidate for HDR merging?

I was just starting to investigate this myself as I've never tried it.

Bet there are a bunch here that know exacly how to do it.
I have played around with it a bit.
It might if there was a more interesting sky.
I have an hdr range of the shot, but there was a fair amount of wind causing the tree branches to move quite a bit between shots.
I have played with a manual hdr but was not too pleased.
This is the result of bringing in the sky two stops darker than the foreground from two images.

View attachment 6291

Or a bit like this from one image masks and curves.

View attachment 6297

I haven't finished there or yet tried photomatrix on these shots.
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.