The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy, great Death Valley work. Did you use front or rear tilt?

Graham, I marginally prefer the B&W version, but either would look great hanging on my wall.

Wayne, love the shot with the rainbow.

Tim, thanks, and more great work

A real pleasure to see such creative talent on this group.
On the Cambo the tilt is on the lens actually it has both Tilt and Swing. The 3 shot stitch only had a .5mm of tilt on it for the foreground. The 28mm has no TS on it.

malmac

Wayne

Beautiful light and the peak moment has certainly been captured.

At the risk of being presumptuous, I thought something I learnt from my own mistake the other day might be relevant as you consider the composition of your "A Rainbow's Wave" image.

In my image of "Sunset on Acland" a small queensland Town that is being demolished to make way for an open cut coal mine - I realised that if I had shifted my position I would have had a much better composition. Red circle to the left in foreground, sunset towards middle, with the old shed on the right.

If you had been able to shift your position, maybe then the rainbow could have been to the left of the rocks and arched over the main point of interest.

My comments for what the are worth -

Mal

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Wayne
If you had been able to shift your position, maybe then the rainbow could have been to the left of the rocks and arched over the main point of interest.

My comments for what the are worth -

Mal
good thought, unfortunately one foot to my left was a 10 foot drop off straight into that surf you are seeing. I was definitely trying to get the rainbow as close to the rocks as I could.

I've thought about "cheating" and moving the rainbow for a better composition.

tashley

Subscriber Member
A winter's evening lighting exercise

IQ180 with SK 110 LS on 645DF. Plenty of sauce to the PP but only to make very subtle changes. Two lights, one barn door on the background with a cutter and one softbox at 8 o'clock. Tethered using an iPad to trigger and review.

As you can see, the nights are long here at the moment!

dick

Re: A winter's evening lighting exercise

IQ180 with SK 110 LS on 645DF. Plenty of sauce to the PP but only to make very subtle changes. Two lights, one barn door on the background with a cutter and one softbox at 8 o'clock. Tethered using an iPad to trigger and review.

...bit like the classic painter's exercise of a white egg on a white sheet of paper!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: A winter's evening lighting exercise

...bit like the classic painter's exercise of a white egg on a white sheet of paper!
Indeed! The aim was to try to get the graduation of shade reversed on the balloon compared to the background... It really was only an exercise but I couldn't resist making a 24x36" print on Hanny German Etching and the result is strangely calming!

malmac

Tim

I really like your image. Inspiring.

malmac

good thought, unfortunately one foot to my left was a 10 foot drop off straight into that surf you are seeing. I was definitely trying to get the rainbow as close to the rocks as I could.

I've thought about "cheating" and moving the rainbow for a better composition.
Wayne

I did suspect your options might have been limited - so it is back to photoshop for a massage.

Mal

jlm

Workshop Member
artist's pallette, just after sundown, death valley, 70mm R IQ160. more over in the tech camera thread

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Inspired by Johns pre-dawn shots at Zabriske Point. Thought I would do a little work on mine.

Here is a 4 shot Pano with the 60 SK

Than a couple single shots with the same lens

Status
Not open for further replies.