The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

good thought, unfortunately one foot to my left was a 10 foot drop off straight into that surf you are seeing. I was definitely trying to get the rainbow as close to the rocks as I could.

I've thought about "cheating" and moving the rainbow for a better composition.
FWIW I really like the view as photographed. The rainbow at the horizon is a jaw dropper.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love these Guys. Been trying to get a shot from this spot for a couple of years but I always seem to cruise through at the wrong time or conditions are not good. I especially like the pano, you are getting some great stuff with the SK60.
The SK 60mm is a real sweetie almost glued to the front end

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Fantastic. I might have been tempted to remove the moon. The light and colors are so amazing the blurry moon seems to detract from the scenes magic.

Either way a wonderful view! :thumbs:
agreed .. very cool shot. I think I'd try it without the moon as well. Didn't happen to expose a shot just for the moon that you could replace the blurry moon with?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
agreed .. very cool shot. I think I'd try it without the moon as well. Didn't happen to expose a shot just for the moon that you could replace the blurry moon with?
Anyone need a moon from Friday morning at Zabriskie? Here's a crop. No sharpening applied. (I hope it's not considered bad form to offer random bits of photos, but I did take this exposure for just this purpose.)

Best,

Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I did say everyone get a shot with a correct exposed moon in it. At least someone actually listened to me. LOL

Well done Matt

jlm

Workshop Member
i tried, sunny 16, way dark for everything else, ended up under exposing background a stop and a half anyway and still cooked the blue cheese

matt: what did you background look like at that exposure?r

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
i tried, sunny 16, way dark for everything else, ended up under exposing background a stop and a half anyway and still cooked the blue cheese

matt: what did you background look like at that exposure?r
Very dark. I just kept underexposing until the moon stopped blinking red on the LCD. C1 claims it was 1/30 sec.

--Matt

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Looks like that web image got scrambled Matt. Maybe the JPG quality was accidentally set to minimum or such? Severe banding in the sky tones.

djonesii

Workshop Member
my take on Death Valley

Dear all;

Here are some that I find interesting:

Right behind the hotel, P30+ AFD-II 80mm macro

Devils Golf Course IQ180 Cambo 70mm movements

Kilns AFd-II 300mm P30+

Rhyloite

Rhyloite AFDII P30+ 150mm

The more classic images can be found at:
Site Title

The tech cam stuff was fun to shoot, but as I'm still learning, I find most of them rather pedestrian .....

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.