The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Pramote,

Nice shot, but you may want to experiment with selective hue and saturation control (balancing) using the advanced color editor in C1.

;)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack. I have had a problem with the screen calibration lately.
I've posted my pictures at "flickr" for social and archival. When I've posted at GetDPI, I've got the pictures from "flickr" which, lately, are always "dull" and I have to saturate" them more. If you click the link to flickr, you will see what I mean.
My TIFF files I keep is much less saturated than the ones I've posted at flickr and here.
What should I do and how does it happen?
Is there any way I can store the pictures here? I've never tried.
I also want to contribute to this forum as I've learnt a lot from here. How can I apply for a member?

Thanks again,

Pramote

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I've posted my pictures at "flickr" for social and archival. When I've posted at GetDPI, I've got the pictures from "flickr" which, lately, are always "dull" and I have to saturate" them more. If you click the link to flickr, you will see what I mean.
My TIFF files I keep is much less saturated than the ones I've posted at flickr and here.
I also want to contribute to this forum as I've learnt a lot from here. How can I apply for a member?

Thanks again,

Pramote
Yes we have a Gallery

jlm

Workshop Member
Graham:

I like those goat farmers, especially the way they are looking opposite directions. wish they were both in focus though...

tashley

Subscriber Member
I like the shot too, but prefer the selective focus version as Graham has posted it...

Graham:

I like those goat farmers, especially the way they are looking opposite directions. wish they were both in focus though...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks again,

Pramote
We offer a free user album section, and offer extended storage to our subscriber members ($30/yr). The how to use our album area is here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/about...w/54-how-post-images-threads-use-gallery.html

S

Shelby Lewis

Lovely work everyone! Lots of death valley images that are really compelling...

Here's a quickie from this evening. My better half and I are staying at a little cottage on a small lake for Mardi Gras weekend... pulled up to unload this evening and got this view within a few minutes.

RZIID/Aptus II 6/110 f2.8 - worked up on my laptop, so I have no idea what density and color actually look like on this one... but I enjoyed the feeling of it.

Cheers!
Shelby

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Had a very pleasant morning meeting up with Vincent Goetz in Napa. Only time for a sprint into the field and fire off three frames, including this last one with GND. I had all but given up on the morning but this was one of those literally 3 minute sunrises and then totally bland sky. Thanks Vincent for getting me out and into that field! Very nice meeting you for breakfast and thank you for the excellent print!

DF P25+ 75mm 8s f16

Mike Dote

Mamud's hotdog stand by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

I was walking down the street and I made eye contact with this gentleman, who was selling hotdogs and drinks to people stuck in the tunnel traffic. After a momentary grappling with my own inhibitions, I decided to engage him in conversation, knowing full well that he probably had an interesting history.

What I found was that he had been the subject of a documentary entitled 'Mamud's Hot Dogs' made by an NYU student in 2005 or so. He was a very nice man, and I intend to make him a print of this photo, and keep in touch.

S

Shelby Lewis

Three more... same location, different light.
RZIID - Aptus II 6 - 110/2.8

Just before sunrise (looking west)

Looking a bit more eastward

Wide open detail (@f/2.8)

Cheers!
Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.