The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

Something a little different; these were my mother's baby spoons. Mom passed in 1999, but I have lots of cherished memories that keep her close in spirit.

Arca Swiss M Line 2 + SK 120 macro @ f/11 + P45 + a little tilt

Don Libby

Well in Clyde's terminology, that would be a super telephoto LOLOL! Seriously, he told me his "normal" lens was a 90 on his 8x10 camera! (90 on 8x10 is roughly 45 on 4x5, which in turn would be about a 20 on full frame MF digital, or about a 12 in 35DSLR terms.)

:eek::eek::eek:
Sandy spoke with him for several minutes while we were waiting Saturday; she told me he had said to her that he like to shoot really wide and uses a 12.

darr

Pramote's fabulous shot in Mexico prompted me to rexamine some shots taken last summer. I had posted one from this series on the 645D thread, but wasn't really happy with it. Here are two different versions of the same scene taken seconds apart. Many elements of a good landscape are present: color, setting sun, cresent moon, blurred water...yet, it's not obvious to me which version is the better, so any input from the collective wisdom of this group would be appreciated.

Tom

horizonal by tsjanik47, on Flickr

crop_IGP9994_2171 copy (1) by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Tom,
To me these are both incredible views of color and texture. The first one is bright, wispy, and shows movement. Being a horizontal, it can be a super wide of a decor piece. The second one is my favorite of the two (but darn close they are), because it has all of the first plus the added texture of the shore rocks. It really shows the crisp focus mixed in with the wispy. Because it is a vertical, to my eyes it is a slice of the total atmosphere of the place and time you were when you made these. Darn good stuff!! :clap::clap::clap:

Kind regards,
Darr

tsjanik

Shashin, Pramotr and Darr:

Thank you all for your kind comments. I belong to an area art group and am trying to decide which of those shots to frame and hang for an open studio tour event in May.

I'll likely remain indecisive and hang both!

Tom

Darr, love the shirts, a nice change from landscapes and goes to show images are everywhere, you just have to see them..

malmac

Steven

I "warm" to your image - i see it as intimate, rather than a grand landscape, your landscape is one I can walk into, obviously the composition and technical execution is a pleasue to the fellow photographer.

By the way, living in Queensland Australia have never experienced a landscape full of snow and ice - guess I would need a jumper!

mal

Mr.Gale

Hi,
I'm new to MFD having resonantly purchased a P30 back for my old Hasselblad 500c/m system. This was taken, in Yosemite, this past Sunday (3/18/12) using a 250mm SA and it is two verticals stitched together in PS. I'm having a lot of problems with white balance but I'll ask my questions in a new thread.
Thanks,
Mr.Gale

Don Libby

What can ya do when you're 1,00 miles from home and not feeling as good as you should? Do a micro test of the 120mm manual focus lens. Of course being in a hotel room doesn't offer the best solution for shooting micro. Armed with a tripod, remote shutter the DF and the 120 I managed to shoot this. (I forgot to mention the cut down plastic water bottle and LED flashlight.)

Sensor Plus, f/11 1/60 and ISO800.

Don

dick

What can ya do when you're 1,00 miles from home and not feeling as good as you should? Do a micro test of the 120mm manual focus lens. Of course being in a hotel room doesn't offer the best solution for shooting micro. Armed with a tripod, remote shutter the DF and the 120 I managed to shoot this. (I forgot to mention the cut down plastic water bottle and LED flashlight.)

Sensor Plus, f/11 1/60 and ISO800.

Don
¿Does anyone use LED lighting for studio macro?

A nice fan-cooled pro studio flash pack is £6,000, and you cannot get fiber-optic adapters any more, so why not LED?

Don Libby

¿Does anyone use LED lighting for studio macro?

A nice fan-cooled pro studio flash pack is £6,000, and you cannot get fiber-optic adapters any more, so why not LED?

I've decided to start looking for lighting now to go along with the 120 and one of the ones I'm looking at is a LED ring light.

Status
Not open for further replies.