The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Got some decent light in Tuscany today. Here are a few from the days effort. Pardon the late night laptop edits.

tsjanik

Really nice Ed, in particular #2 and #4.

For some reason no "like" button on your post!?

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Tom

Last edited:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Still working on images from my trip to Maui last January. Originally disregarded his one, but worked it up again, and thinking I like it a little better now ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180 with PhaseOne75-150mm at 90mm, 1/125th at f/11, ISO 35

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Belvedere, Val d'Orcia
Ed,

Very nice rendering of the classic Belvedere house location! I spent a very pleasant weekend shooting along the Pienza/San Quirico d'Orcia road and general Val d'Orcia region a few years ago. Also good to see that they didn't ever extend out the quarry to destroy this classic view!

Personally I find the straggler tree on the far left of the image by the vineyard introduces a distraction to the overall balance of the image and would be better if it were cropped out from the edge of the frame (or given more space to remove it from the edge if you have more pixels). Just a thought.

etrump

Ed,

Very nice rendering of the classic Belvedere house location! I spent a very pleasant weekend shooting along the Pienza/San Quirico d'Orcia road and general Val d'Orcia region a few years ago. Also good to see that they didn't ever extend out the quarry to destroy this classic view!

Personally I find the straggler tree on the far left of the image by the vineyard introduces a distraction to the overall balance of the image and would be better if it were cropped out from the edge of the frame (or given more space to remove it from the edge if you have more pixels). Just a thought.
Thanks for the suggestion Graham. I hadn't even noticed editing on my laptop the end of a busy day. We had a thunderstorm roll in this afternoon so I'm heading back to this location tomorrow morning.

Just south of Pienza I ran into Jed Manwaring who spoke with you in Death Valley last week. It's getting to be a small world. I happened to be wearing a P1 t-shirt so he started a conversation.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just south of Pienza I ran into Jed Manwaring who spoke with you in Death Valley last week. It's getting to be a small world. I happened to be wearing a P1 t-shirt so he started a conversation.
Small world eh? I was in Yosemite with Brenda Tharp and Jed Manwaring last week for the moonbows and supermoon. This'll make it feel even smaller, on Tuesday I visited a customer of mine with one of my colleagues and we happened to get talking about photography as we were in Colorado Springs and I took him along to Garden of the Gods. He was mentioning a great local photographer who's gallery he and his wife had gone to recently who happened to be in his home town - Rogers, Arkansas. We were talking about the risks of being out in the field to get shots at times and he mentioned how this local fine art photographer had a nearly terminal experience. Well, guess who that happened to be! :eek: True story.

etrump

Small world eh? I was in Yosemite with Brenda Tharp and Jed Manwaring last week for the moonbows and supermoon. This'll make it feel even smaller, on Tuesday I visited a customer of mine with one of my colleagues and we happened to get talking about photography as we were in Colorado Springs and I took him along to Garden of the Gods. He was mentioning a great local photographer who's gallery he and his wife had gone to recently who happened to be in his home town - Rogers, Arkansas. We were talking about the risks of being out in the field to get shots at times and he mentioned how this local fine art photographer had a nearly terminal experience. Well, guess who that happened to be! :eek: True story.
Unbelievable! I hope he bought a print when he visited the gallery. :ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.