The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Is there ever a case for another version of Tunnel View? Here's where I was sat this time last week ... p.s. don't step 3ft left of here because it's 800ft straight down.

645DF 35D IQ160 30s @ F11
I can't imagine getting tired of this scene and glacier point as well. Not many locations define their own composition like tunnel view.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I can't imagine getting tired of this scene and glacier point as well. Not many locations define their own composition like tunnel view.
Agreed!

Now the funny thing is that just over that ridge on the right there were probably 20+ photographers fighting for tripod space and getting a less interesting (IMHO) shot of the valley. Here's a tip to those who've never tried it, sneak out of the rear corner of the parking lot over the wall (there to dissuade you from the perils of the cliffs) and wander 30 yards over the rocks and through the trees and you'll get a nice view with cliffs and the Merced river in the foreground. Just be careful as you're on your own and the rocks slope one way and it isn't up ... i.e. this isn't the place to go on a wet day nor in sneakers. :facesmack:

Speaking of Glacier Point, here's from Sentinel Dome towards Half Dome while waiting for the super moon to come up.

IQ160 Alpa STC 90HRW 1/4s @ f/11 & some tilt

Last edited:

dick

Hosta leaves, in the backyard again with the 120mm macro.

Tom
¿What 120 macro was that?
¿For what reproduction ratio is it optimised?
I have a Zeiss Macro-Planar 120 (1:1 - infinity)
Schneider Apo-Digitar Macro 120 ¿about 1:3 to 3:1?
Sinaron Macro 120 with the old Sinar Electronic shutter (2:1 to 1:5)
I would like the new Hasselblad 120 macro, but I think I can manage without it for now.

Agreed!

Now the funny thing is that just over that ridge on the right there were probably 20+ photographers fighting for tripod space and getting a less interesting (IMHO) shot of the valley. Here's a tip to those who've never tried it, sneak out of the rear corner of the parking lot over the wall (there to dissuade you from the perils of the cliffs) and wander 30 yards over the rocks and through the trees and you'll get a nice view with cliffs and the Merced river in the foreground. Just be careful as you're on your own and the rocks slope one way and it isn't up ... i.e. this isn't the place to go on a wet day nor in sneakers. :facesmack:

Speaking of Glacier Point, here's from Sentinel Dome towards Half Dome while waiting for the super moon to come up.

IQ160 Alpa STC 90HRW 1/4s @ f/11 & some tilt
The saturation is perfect ...!

hcubell

Ed:
When you return home, rent a DVD of the movie "Gladiator". I think you will recognize some of the scenery in the film from the location of the first of your photographs above. The farmhouse in the distance is an Agriturisimo (sort of a B&B) called Terrapile. You can actually stay there.
Glad you are enjoying your trip so much. You can never tire of phtographing there.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ed:
When you return home, rent a DVD of the movie "Gladiator". I think you will recognize some of the scenery in the film from the location of the first of your photographs above. The farmhouse in the distance is an Agriturisimo (sort of a B&B) called Terrapile. You can actually stay there.
Glad you are enjoying your trip so much. You can never tire of phtographing there.
I thought it looked familiar. About 30ft to the left in the first picture - walk along with your hands brushing through the wheat ... :D

tsjanik

¿What 120 macro was that?
¿For what reproduction ratio is it optimised?
I have a Zeiss Macro-Planar 120 (1:1 - infinity)
Schneider Apo-Digitar Macro 120 ¿about 1:3 to 3:1?
Sinaron Macro 120 with the old Sinar Electronic shutter (2:1 to 1:5)
I would like the new Hasselblad 120 macro, but I think I can manage without it for now.
Pentax 645 120mm A (manual focus, 1:1). I have the FA (auto focus) as well, but much prefer the long, solid focus throw of the A version for macro.

tsjanik

I've been going through some older film scans. Taken last fall in the Adirondacks with a Pentax 67II and 35mm fish eye. The image loses quite a bit in the jpeg version.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
My "attempt" at a landscape of the eclipse. I went down to Cedar Breaks for the evening, and had no clue what I was doing. This is a 3 shot manual HDR, using Split ND's and ND's.

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150mm at 75mm.

tsjanik

My "attempt" at a landscape of the eclipse. I went down to Cedar Breaks for the evening, and had no clue what I was doing. This is a 3 shot manual HDR, using Split ND's and ND's.
Wayne,

Even without the eclipse that's a beautiful shot. Great positioning.

I'll say you were using ND filters - the moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.