The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

I've been going through some older film scans. Taken last fall in the Adirondacks with a Pentax 67II and 35mm fish eye. The image loses quite a bit in the jpeg version.
Tom, I just finished a 4-image stitch with my 35mm (not fisheye) on my 645D. I like trees too.

tsjanik

Good use of a fisheye—you have to look hard to see distortion.
Thanks. I love the lens and it is likely the weakest of the 67 lens I own. It is very soft in the corners, but still, it makes some great images. Here's another you might appreciate, with little evidence of the distortion:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Cherry Creek State Park, CO
Hasselblad H4D-40; HCD 28mm; o.9 GND
ISO 100, f/16, 32 sec

Thanks for viewing,
Pramote

Last edited:

Aryan Aqajani

Hello all :) This is my first image in this thread. I mostly do portraits (digital and film) and long exposure landscape (on film). I was not sure if it is okay to post film medium format photos here as well so that is why the following image may be a bit different than what you guys frequently see here :) Any comments/critiques are welcomed!

Mamiya 645 AFD III + Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 N + DM22 back @ f/1.9, 1/60s, ISO 200 handheld!

Thank you in advance.
Aryan

dick

Hello all :) This is my first image in this thread. ...the following image may be a bit different than what you guys frequently see here :) Any comments/critiques are welcomed!

Mamiya 645 AFD III + Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 N + DM22 back @ f/1.9, 1/60s, ISO 200 handheld!

Thank you in advance.
Aryan
Working hand-held makes it easier to capture a moment or an expression ¿it looks as if she wants you to give her a kiss and a cuddle?... but I am hoping to be doing similar shots with a view camera, so that the girl is in focus from end to end.

Centring the picture makes it look better.

gerald.d

This will probably be my first and last portrait. They're just not my thing, but I was demonstrating the AF and IQ180 to someone last week, and they gave their blessing for me to share it :)

View attachment 59075

AF/IQ180/Mamiya 80mm f/1.9. ISO100, 1/125 handheld, f/1.9

Comment and criticism more than welcome - I don't really have a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello all :) This is my first image in this thread. I mostly do portraits (digital and film) and long exposure landscape (on film). I was not sure if it is okay to post film medium format photos here as well so that is why the following image may be a bit different than what you guys frequently see here :) Any comments/critiques are welcomed!

Thank you in advance.
Aryan
As long as you post photos of this standard, I couldn't care less what medium you use, film, digital or marshmallows. Great shot, and excellent bokeh from a lens that I've always considered a bit harsh :thumbs:

V

Vivek

My "attempt" at a landscape of the eclipse. I went down to Cedar Breaks for the evening, and had no clue what I was doing. This is a 3 shot manual HDR, using Split ND's and ND's.

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150mm at 75mm.
I hope it is not inappropriate to ask for a larger version of this?:) Fabulous image!

Aryan Aqajani

Working hand-held makes it easier to capture a moment or an expression ¿it looks as if she wants you to give her a kiss and a cuddle?... but I am hoping to be doing similar shots with a view camera, so that the girl is in focus from end to end.

One of the reasons I shoot with medium format camera is to get very shallow and smooth depth of field! So no need for me to get everything in focus :)

Aryan Aqajani

This will probably be my first and last portrait. They're just not my thing, but I was demonstrating the AF and IQ180 to someone last week, and they gave their blessing for me to share it :)

View attachment 59075

AF/IQ180/Mamiya 80mm f/1.9. ISO100, 1/125 handheld, f/1.9

Comment and criticism more than welcome - I don't really have a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff.
This is really a great portrait! Center composition really works here! Soft light, bokeh and very relaxed face make it an amazing shot! Well done,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thank you in advance.
Aryan
Welcome to the forum. Of course film images are fine to post! We are mostly about the art even though we discuss the heck out of gear, pixels and lens characteristics. Really. :)

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member

Dick,
Constructive criticism is very good and appreciated but sitting back and just Criticizing everybody and even a good job is not, I could not find any of your works on this site, so could you please direct me to one of your images to see what is your understanding of a good picture.
Best
_______
Manouch

Nathan W. Lediard

Thank you in advance.
Aryan
Beautifully done!
But your post about film confuses me... this is taken with a DM22 you say... and that is a digital back.. or were you asking about posting future film shots? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.