The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Shashin:

You live in Maine, you have to like trees! :ROTFL:

Nice stitch, anything other than PS?
Supposedly, the most forested state in the union. So it is a good thing I like trees, although some of my neighbors don't as they keep haying the fields to stop the forest growing back.

Thanks. This was simply PS Photomerge with a cylindrical projection. It was shot handheld though. Apart from the stitching, there is no processing--the stitch was straight from the RAW. I really like the Pentax colors.

jerome

Hi everybody !

A quickly edit shot from my last trip in Utah, last week !

H4D50 HC 28 mm + HTS

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jerome, that Utah shot is a great candidate for B&W ... :thumbup:

I hope you don't mind but I ran it through Silver Efex Pro 2 and it renders up very nicely!

Aryan Aqajani

Beautifully done!
But your post about film confuses me... this is taken with a DM22 you say... and that is a digital back.. or were you asking about posting future film shots? :)
Hi Nathan,

Yes, I was trying to figure out if it is okay to post film shots here as well :) Thanks to Jack clarification, it is all good!

Cheers,

Aryan Aqajani

Thank you all for your comments/critiques and likes on my first shot, I really appreciate it :) The following photos are from my recent trip to Grampians, Victoria, Australia. I did not want to spam the thread with seven more photos so if you like to see more from this series, check out my website, Grampians!

Technical info:

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Fuji Acros 100 home developed in Rodinal/Adonal 1+100, 20c for 18min. Scanned with Epson V700.
Lee holder + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 Soft Graduated ND filter

Thank you guys,

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Aryan - very nice. Love the B&W tonality in these long exposure images. I like #7 in your series in particular.

I've been carrying my film back with Acros 100 around California for the last couple of weeks with the intention of shooting some uber long exposure shots with my Alpa and all I've had is crystal clear blue skies!

Aryan Aqajani

Aryan - very nice. Love the B&W tonality in these long exposure images. I like #7 in your series in particular.

I've been carrying my film back with Acros 100 around California for the last couple of weeks with the intention of shooting some uber long exposure shots with my Alpa and all I've had is crystal clear blue skies!
Thank you Graham for the comment and also visiting my website, very nice of you :) I know that feeling when you are out to shoot some long exposures and there is no clouds whatsoever! That is why I am trying to experiment long exposure with different subjects! Portrait and long exposure is my favorite genres, broad enough to include various subject matters!

Wishing you some nice clouds up there in California :D

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
One of the best parts of OZ in this kids opinion....

but I was a guest of Jum Falkiners family, so I saw a very special part of OZ. Loved Melbourne, Geelong, and the Southern Coast (The Great Ocean Road). Lovely country, hope to see it again.

djonesii

Workshop Member
to all the folks posting pictures of people ....

Great to see that MFDB and MF film still works with models!

That is about all I shoot with MF. It would seem that most of this kind of work is done by Pros not us hobbyists and thus you need to buy a glossy book/magazine to see it.

Best;

Dave

Nathan W. Lediard

to all the folks posting pictures of people ....

Great to see that MFDB and MF film still works with models!

That is about all I shoot with MF. It would seem that most of this kind of work is done by Pros not us hobbyists and thus you need to buy a glossy book/magazine to see it.

Best;

Dave
Well I am a full time working pro and people is my main business.. and interest.. and I just moved "back" to mf from 35mm digital... my film hasselblads only really got used for personal work after the digital revolution came, but finally after more sensible pricing it has become possible even for me, a one man band studio to get back to medium format in the digital age...so far I am loving it, and so are my customers...

more people shots is what this thread needs! :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Nathan "I dont do landscapes" Lediard presents...
"Gjemnessundbrua" Norways longest suspension bridge (in total length..) 1.25km long was looking for a different take on it.. 10 shot stitch with the H4D-40 & 50-110 @70mm

Aryan Aqajani

Here is two photos from the Room of Loneliness series.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Kodak Tri-X 400 rated at 1600 ASA, home developed in Rodinal/Adonal 1+100 stand development for 1.5 hour. Scanned with Epson V700

Thank you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.