The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Roxborough State Park, Littleton, CO

Hasselblad H4D-40
Hasselblad HCD 28mm with HTS 1.5
Cokins 0.6 GND
ISO 100; f/32; Exposure 0.5 sec

Cheers,
Pramote

jerome

Hi everybody !

So, before everybody leave this part of the forum, for the Nikon Forum :deadhorse:, a picture taken by my good old Hassy !

NB : D800 will never have the bright and large viewfinder of my Hassy ! i come from the 35 mm world, so I appreciate this ! Just my two cents :)

H4D50 HC 28

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice !

I see you have used the HTS, what is your opinion on this ?
Thanks Jerome!
I also own the D800. I completely agree with you about the viewfinder of the Hasselblad. The joy of handling the body and looking at the hugh viewfinder is priceless. To me, there are something else beyond the pixel counts.
I love the HTS 1.5. It works very well with the HCD 28mm. The handling is much nicer than my favorite Canon 17mm T/S.
Best regards,
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Trail Ridge Road @ Rocky Mt. National Park on Memorial Day.
This is at ~ 12, 000 Ft elevetion.
It was so cold! 21 degrees F with ~60-70-mph (I was told by a park ranger).
I've been there many many times and was the only one who weared leather jacket, hood, gloves etc. Some people did not even bring the jacket.
Flurry of snow made perfect.

P1 DF with IQ 180 and 0.9 reverse GND filter
Mamiya 35mm AF (without AF). This is the best investment I've ever made. It was only $175 on ebay! I've been using this lens as much as Mamiya 28mm and SK 55mm LS. And I paid >$ 4, 000 for a SK 150mm LS!!!
I just printed it out from my Epson 4900 and it was sharp edge-to-edge.

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

Last edited:

downstairs

Hasselblad with a CF39-MS back and the 50mm lens. I use the waist level finder most of the time.
Not using the multi-shot feature - this is a 3-shot bracketed tone map.

darr

Hasselblad with a CF39-MS back and the 50mm lens. I use the waist level finder most of the time.
Not using the multi-shot feature - this is a 3-shot bracketed tone map.
How wonderful to have you and your beautiful work here at getDPI Chris!!

Kind regards,
Darr

jerome

Jerome.. Another picture (Downtown San Diego) using the HTS 1.5 and panning. For sure, the HTS is a lot of fun to use.
Thanks !

I used the HTS during my last trip, and it was fun, but in fact your 28 becomes a 43 and I'm sometime dispointed with the sharpness. Its difficult th have the best sharpness when you tilst shift : You need a good eye in the viewfinder !!!!

NB : I'm testing Silver effect and color effect. If we buy all the tool, it's 299 euros for Lightroom only

question : do we need Lightroo AND Photoshop ?

jerome

I use all three, Lightroom 4, Capture 1, and Photoshop CS6. All for different reasons.
In fact my question was not very clear :
Nik Software "Complete Collection - Lightroom Edition" is 299 €
but Complete Collection (Lightroom + Photoshop) is 499 €

It seems that once it's done with Lightroom, I don't see the advantage to use Niksoft with photoshop (may be for sharpening or noise removing ?)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
In fact my question was not very clear :
Nik Software "Complete Collection - Lightroom Edition" is 299 €
but Complete Collection (Lightroom + Photoshop) is 499 €

It seems that once it's done with Lightroom, I don't see the advantage to use Niksoft with photoshop (may be for sharpening or noise removing ?)
Decide where you spend the majority of your image manipulation and buy the version for that application. If you use LR for almost everything with just an occasional trip to PS then it would make sense just to get the LR edition. If you use LR just for raw conversion and image management but spend the majority of your time in PS then obviously that's the version to get.

I'm like Vincent and use several applications with PS being the common platform so under those situations it makes sense to get either a PS version of the suite or in my case the bundle since I also sometimes use Aperture too.

gerald.d

With emphasis very much on the "fun" in the thread title, a proof of concept...

Phase One AF, Mamiya 300mm f/2.8, IQ180. Shot at f/2.8 (107mm physical aperture). 144 separate photos stitched together with a bit of a crop afterwards. Result is a 4.4 gigapixel file, with a horizontal FoV roughly equivalent to a 22mm lens on full frame MF.

To get the same depth of field though, that lens would have to be an f/0.2.

Of course, given that this is not much more than 1% of the full size, I think a lot of the impact is missed. Here's a link to a full resolution version (requires Flash), but really I think it would need to be printed fairly large to get the full impression - it would print 28 feet wide at 300ppi:

Virtual Tour generated by Panotour

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Gerald,

I'd heard that there was a power brown out in Dubai earlier today. It must have been caused by the power drain of your PC processing those 144 IQ180 images. :ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.