The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

I was thinking it is "Hasselblad colour"... for decades Hasselblads have been renown for colour, contrast, impact...

I hope my Sinar will be OK?
I really love the colours my hassy produces... straight out of the box ihave never had digital files that require so little PP... but then if you want to PP... oh my, they are so malleable its not true :D

Nathan W. Lediard

And now for something completely different...
From a recent commercial/ad shoot for a company that runs a national chain of shopping centres... I have a very loose brief, they just want fun images for their internal use and for annual rapports, centre magazines etc.. Shooting in a crowded shopping centre is not for the shy type... you get to hear it all from positive to negative and everything in between...
Anyhow.. heres one or two....
H4D-40 + 80mm

dick

From a another "konfirmant" shoot today...
H4D-40 with the HCD 28mm f11 1/800 profoto lighting.

Looking at this again, the sky looks good, but I might have used a longer lens to make the mountain behind look bigger and more impressive. I used a long lens for a calendar shot (November 1980!) and made the hill behind look bigger for better composition.

Nathan W. Lediard

Looking at this again, the sky looks good, but I might have used a longer lens to make the mountain behind look bigger and more impressive. I used a long lens for a calendar shot (November 1980!) and made the hill behind look bigger for better composition.
Thanks:) I do have shots taken with longer lenses in addition to the wide angle shots.....

Lloyd

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I think the fact that the mountain is in silhouette makes it irrelevant to the composition. Making a larger black silhouette does not add anything. The clouds, on the other hand do make for a very striking image. Just my $.02 worth.

Nathan W. Lediard

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I think the fact that the mountain is in silhouette makes it irrelevant to the composition. Making a larger black silhouette does not add anything. The clouds, on the other hand do make for a very striking image. Just my $.02 worth.
And I agree with your disagreeing :D

I have shots with longer, but really the wider shots work MUCH better.. imo... especially here.... I have shots on other locations where the mountains are higher and I have used telephoto compression to GOOD effect... Its all about choosing the lens for the wanted look... and here I wanted that big brooding sky... a tele would have cut that out :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Tha face of a photographer (me) after droppng big wonga on a 27" Eizo Coloredge after my main screen "died" on me yesterday... only to find out today that my order book had slipped of my desk landing behgind my bloody HUGE UPS knocking the cable that supplies my screen with UPS protected power .. er... OUT! I tried everything... (or so I thought) but in the middle of a huge editing job and a tight deadline I didnt think of THAT possibilty... doh!
Oh well.. I had scheduled a new screen in September so its just a little early...
Me, my Rolleiflex, Arri lights, taken with H4D-40 + 50-110 at 110 wide open iso 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.