The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for plaguing the thread with shots of my daughter ... I'm in gear test mode as over the past few weeks I've switched from the 645DF and Alpa to an RZ and Techno. Here's a snapshot (?) with the Techno and the gorgeous little Schneider 120 ASPH. My daughter got hold of some makeup and painted her face silver! The main point is that it was not too hard to focus using liveview.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for plaguing the thread with shots of my daughter ... I'm in gear test mode as over the past few weeks I've switched from the 645DF and Alpa to an RZ and Techno. Here's a snapshot (?) with the Techno and the gorgeous little Schneider 120 ASPH. My daughter got hold of some makeup and painted her face silver! The main point is that it was not too hard to focus using liveview.

very cute!
Looks like she is in model test mode :ROTFL:
I have no idea how I might get that expression from any of my regulars.
-bob

Thanks Bob (and Darr)! I've been thinking about this all day! Once I had a zone of focus along the sofa, I'm was longer behind the camera and actually engaging with her directly (read herding cats). Not only that but each shot doesn't waste a $1 sheet of film! It was a refreshing way to shoot. I think I'll do a set of outdoor portraits like this.

dick

Just testing out my new 26mm extension tube...
H4D-40 with 26mm extension tube and 50-110

I have the Zeiss Macro Planar 120, and could use it with the H4 with the adapter, but I would like the new macro 120, partly as it would let me use the computer to focus remotely for stacking (using a lightweight tripod)... do you not do enough close up work to contemplate the Macro 120, which, I think would out-perform almost anything at tabletop distances... I have the SK 120 and SK 120 macro, the Sinaron 120 macro and the Zeiss Luminar 100, which are great lenses, but at A3 none of them are in their optimal range?

Nathan W. Lediard

Just testing out my new 26mm extension tube...
H4D-40 with 26mm extension tube and 50-110

I have the Zeiss Macro Planar 120, and could use it with the H4 with the adapter, but I would like the new macro 120, partly as it would let me use the computer to focus remotely for stacking (using a lightweight tripod)... do you not do enough close up work to contemplate the Macro 120, which, I think would out-perform almost anything at tabletop distances... I have the SK 120 and SK 120 macro, the Sinaron 120 macro and the Zeiss Luminar 100, which are great lenses, but at A3 none of them are in their optimal range?
No, I do not do enough of that kind of work to justify the expense... but an extension tube does the job for the occasional job that ducks up. If I do get alot of that kind of work then a dedicated macro lens and most likely the HTS would be on my list... but right now I would rather spend my money on a longer portrait lens like the 150 or 200... the 120 macro is too close to the 110 end on my 50-110. Thats where most of my income is derived... portraits and people... with some commercial / advertising thrown in but that is big stuff like building and furniture so no need for the macro their either.

Nathan W. Lediard

Medium Format FUN... well this surely fits the bill.... :)

My two boys enjoying the all too seldom warm weather... Polaroid 195 rangefinder... one shot, one kill.... :D

Last edited:

Aryan Aqajani

Hi everyone,

I was busy with moving out and relocating to a new place in the past few weeks. Hope you guys have been doing great, need to have a look at your work to enjoy the art.

The followings are from some of the latest shoots I have done recently.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 or Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB with Mamiya tilt/shift adaptor + Kodak Tri-X 400@1600 ASA home developed in Rodinal + Elinchrom Ranger Quadra RX + Gridded Elinchrom Maxilite with white deflector.

You can see the rest of them here Last Day and Lighting Song.

Thank you for looking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.