The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerald.d

Wow, this is just great I love it! :clap: What are its dimensions if you print at 300dpi if I may ask?

Maybe it's just me, but the Burj Khalifa looks like it'd be leaning a tad to the right. Perhaps it's due to the tiny screenshot but you could check the original file.
Full size image is around 90k by 60k pixels, so it would print 25 feet wide at 300ppi. I'll double check that it's straight when I'm back home next week :)

For me, this is a pretty average sized pano. I've just uploaded a 60 gigapixel one of the inside of Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi. 4,500 shots with a Canon 1D Mk IV and 300mm f/2.8 (so not appropriate to link to in this thread :D )

Good lord that shot of Dubai is amazing… would love to know more about how you pull off these incredible images..
It's fairly simple these days because both the hardware and software available have improved enormously over the last couple of years. Seitz VR Drive 2 used to control the Phase One AF.

Thanks all for the kind comments and likes.

Flynnyfalcon

Full size image is around 90k by 60k pixels, so it would print 25 feet wide at 300ppi. I'll double check that it's straight when I'm back home next week :)

For me, this is a pretty average sized pano. I've just uploaded a 60 gigapixel one of the inside of Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi. 4,500 shots with a Canon 1D Mk IV and 300mm f/2.8 (so not appropriate to link to in this thread :D )

It's fairly simple these days because both the hardware and software available have improved enormously over the last couple of years. Seitz VR Drive 2 used to control the Phase One AF.

4,500 shots :eek: What pano gear do you use??? I use a Nodal Ninja which allows maybe 200 shots. But 4,500 using a 300mm WOW :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

gerald.d

4,500 shots :eek: What pano gear do you use??? I use a Nodal Ninja which allows maybe 200 shots. But 4,500 using a 300mm WOW :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Seitz VR Drive 2. Made by the same guys who manufacture Alpa cameras.

OK, I'm going to be naughty and sneak in the link here:

Sheikh Zayed Mosque 60 Gigapixels by Gerald Donovan

(That's a world record size for an indoor spherical panorama. Quite a few challenges, not all overcome, but it's interesting to explore nonetheless I think)

dick

...4,500 shots with a Canon 1D Mk IV and 300mm f/2.8
Seitz VR Drive 2 used to control the Phase One AF.

I had been thinking about something like the

Clauss VR Station HD

With my H4D-60 and my 300mm lens - using the same focal length, and ¿a similar pixel pitch? would I get a similar result? ...or do you benefit from the large number of images for auto-focus on small areas?

I thing that the data transfer rate and the maximum fps of the Hasselblad might make it slower?

I wanted to be able to use a pano head on my 10m tripod (or a higher replacement?

A

anvietcons

working on a few more of my images from Monument Valley trip last month. Stopped at House on Fire on the way from Moab to Monument Valley. shot about 11:00am which worked out pretty good, the light bouncing off the rock face up into the overhanging rock formation. Pretty cool place, lots of interesting images spring to ones imagination during the short hike there as you think about those that actually lived in this place ..

PhaseOneDF/IQ180 with 28mm 1/13th sec at f/11, ISO 35
I like it

chaosphere

thank you for the comments !
Flynnyfalcon, i didn't use de-saturation but vibrance in Lighroom.

Another contribution of the same series of pictures (same gear too). It's his father, Paul, who still helping his son in the farm, at almost 80 years.

SergeiR

Medium Format FUN... well this surely fits the bill.... :)

My two boys enjoying the all too seldom warm weather... Polaroid 195 rangefinder... one shot, one kill.... :D

8) Great stuff, man. This IS fun! :)

Don't try this at home :cool:
So, why did you choose this particular pose and this particular direction of light? Note how when she turned away from light it have created unappealing line through face (and that you had to pull out from shadows), and also how awkwardly squished and distorted body became from pose (and thigh became huge).

Status
Not open for further replies.