The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Had a lunch date the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum today.

Phase DF, Mamiya 120 macro, IQ160, f/8, 1/90 ISO50

Don

Side note: I bought the Ejji 10k Li-Ion battery for the DF while visiting Dave Gallagher in March. The battery has remained in the camera the entire time. Until today when it actually showed less than full charge. I swapped it out for the spare and away I went. Four months of shooting and I could have gone longer however since it showed less than 100% and I was busy shooting I didn't want to take a chance. Back home now and have decided to replace the battery with the older one just to see how much longer it really lasts.

Don Libby

I have a similar photo of the same guy ... only it was taken in the Galapagos in 2007. He's probably a cousin of the Geico Gecko and gets around a lot! :grin:
He actually ran up to me, jumped on the rock and started posing. Opps I didn't get a model release....

dick

I have a similar photo of the same guy ... only it was taken in the Galapagos in 2007. He's probably a cousin of the Geico Gecko and gets around a lot! :grin:
He actually ran up to me, jumped on the rock and started posing. Opps I didn't get a model release....
He was obviously very impressed by MF kit - but ¿see the diagonal pose? I think he was expecting you to use a tilt adapter to get his tail in focus!

...and I think I have a photo of him ¿her? near Lake Turkana (then Lake Rudolf) Kenya, in 1976.

Don Libby

He was obviously very impressed by MF kit - but ¿see the diagonal pose? I think he was expecting you to use a tilt adapter to get his tail in focus!

...and I think I have a photo of him ¿her? near Lake Turkana (then Lake Rudolf) Kenya, in 1976.
He does get around!:ROTFL:

downstairs

Hasselblad 80mm 39MS back. It was ageing slowly so I did versions from 24x36 to 8x10'.
This is the multishot in action with a gentle tone-map to hold back the whites.

downstairs

For what it's worth at 72dpi, here's the M9+50Summicron version,

(This turned up on a new page. Back one for Hasselblad version)

Valentin

Hasselblad 80mm 39MS back. It was ageing slowly so I did versions from 24x36 to 8x10'.
This is the multishot in action with a gentle tone-map to hold back the whites.
I love your lighting (in all your work). I had to say it because we mostly talk about gear here and the lighting is not emphasized enough (and the participation in the lighting forum is not as active as here).

p.s. Ho vissuto in Italia qualche anno fa (mia moglie è italiana). Non che sia importante :)

Shashin

I know sunsets are easy, but this was on the 17th as the heat began to break--I am just having fun. I hope you got this Rick on Peaks Island. As usual, Pentax 645D, 55mm.

Zerimar

Very nice! ^ I do believe I caught some clouds, I was trying to catch lightning bolts to little success.

I tried a 1 hour and 26 minute exposure with my p45+ this evening, and got this result:

There is hardly any noise, and this was taken at ISO 200. Facebook may have pixelated it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.