The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan Aqajani

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing just fine. Here are some shots from one of my latest photo shoots;

Camera: Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB + Mamiya tilt/shift adapter
Film: Fuji Acros 100 home developed in Rodinal
Flash: One Elinchrom Ranger Quardra RX + Elinchrom Deep Octa 70cm with inner baffle, front diffuser and hood + white deflector!

You can see the rest of photos from this series at A New Day. Thank you.

Last edited:

MaxKißler

Aryan, these are some nice portraits. One question: Does the tilt shift adapter allow swings or would you have to turn the camera?

Aryan Aqajani

Aryan, these are some nice portraits. One question: Does the tilt shift adapter allow swings or would you have to turn the camera?
Thanks Max. As far as I know, only tilt and shift is possible with 75mm and 180mm SB lens and no swing! I am in love with this lens and adapter combination that can't get enough of it! I was lucky to find a very clean used one after a long time searching for it on the net.

By the way, read your post on the "The search for "accuracy"... fed up" thread! All I can say is that I am in love with shooting film that I have not touched my digital back for any personal work! Film has really inspired me in many different ways! Wish I had gone this way sooner!

MaxKißler

I wholeheartetly agree. Shooting bw film is most of the time a very rewarding process. Of course there a days when everything seems to go wrong. But I tell myself that I have at least lernt something on these days.
It's not only the results that impress but the process of getting there. For me it's a great way to keep photography a passion.

MaxKißler

BTW I really like your approach on portraits with the tilt shift adapter. Too bad I will always have to compare myself to you if I want to do something similiar. :banghead:

Aryan Aqajani

BTW I really like your approach on portraits with the tilt shift adapter. Too bad I will always have to compare myself to you if I want to do something similiar. :banghead:
That is what I do every time I press the shutter release :ROTFL: Daring to compare my shots with some masters :facesmack:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing just fine. Here are some shots from one of my latest photo shoots;

Camera: Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB + Mamiya tilt/shift adapter
Film: Fuji Acros 100 home developed in Rodinal
Flash: One Elinchrom Ranger Quardra RX + Elinchrom Deep Octa 70cm with inner baffle, front diffuser and hood + white deflector!

You can see the rest of photos from this series at A New Day. Thank you.
Truly amazing Aryan!
Pramote

gerald.d

Just a test shot - I'll be dropping a few of these in here over the coming weeks and months if that's OK. Hopefully some will find them interesting/instructive.

My Hartblei HCam arrived yesterday. I'm planning on testing it out with pretty much the entire range of Canon lenses. Thought I'd have a go with the 85mm f/1.2 to start off with, but unfortunately, it seems you can't manually focus that lens off a Canon body.

Real shame I reckon, because it would have had so much potential.

Not a bad image circle -

100% crop -

(IQ180, f/1.2)

Marlyn

RZIID+MamiyaZD+50/4.5

Break by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
There is something un-nerving about this shot. The upturned mask with the long noes, the round eye's like those of a gas mask, and the book page with a skull on it. it is unsettling without knowing why ! Makes you wonder what liquid is in that bottle.

Each time I look, I notice another detail. I love it, keeps making me look at it to wonder just whats going on !

Nicely done.

Regards,

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.