The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Morning view from Lake McDonald. There was still a lot of haze from the fires.

Phase DF/IQ160 Schneider55mm f/11 1/180 ISO50

Many thanks to Dave Gallagher for airlifting me his personal 55LS to use in Glacier. Returning this morning to shoot with the Cambo.

Don

Frits

Quebec city, first sunlight.
Bonus for being out early (besides the great light): No hordes of tourists :)

Hasselblad H1, HC35mm lens / Phase One P25+

One with slight HDR processing (from 3 exposures):

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Quebec city, first sunlight.
Bonus for being out early (besides the great light): No hordes of tourists :)
:thumbs:

You certainly did beat the hordes that's for sure. I was there a few weeks back at both the Rabbit restaurant which is just hidden in your shot and also a cafe just to the left at the bottom of those steps.

I found the old Quebec City a potentially very photogenic location although there was construction work on Castle Frontenac when I was there.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Graham,

What are those strange creatures doing in your landscape? :ROTFL:

Nice handling of difficult lighting, BTW..

--Matt

Frits

:thumbs:

You certainly did beat the hordes that's for sure. I was there a few weeks back at both the Rabbit restaurant which is just hidden in your shot and also a cafe just to the left at the bottom of those steps.

I found the old Quebec City a potentially very photogenic location although there was construction work on Castle Frontenac when I was there.
Thanks Graham.
I agree with others that you did a great job dealing with the harsh light (smart use of the window shade!).

I also observed yesterday that a lot of the photo spots had construction of one sort or another going on. Must be very disappointing for folks traveling from far to visit.
One thing though: our very tough winters force any construction to be done during the warmer months. Also, once they're done, the place will look that much better (like many do already, following recent improvements).

etrump

I'm heading south to shoot the keys which got me looking through some images I took during the capture integration event in Miami.

Two shot stitch, iq180, and Dave's hr70 (I think).

Shashin

Storm passing Crawford Notch in the White Mountain National Forrest in New Hampshire. Stitched pano with a Pentax 645D and 35mm lens using four vertical frames.

malmac

Images from a month long trip my wife and I just completed of far Western Queensland on our motorcycle. Well now it is back to work.

mal

Last edited:

Don Libby

Thought I'd share this. Phase DF/IQ160 55mm LS f/8 ISO 50 30 seconds

We've been going strong the past couple days and have decided to just sit back and relax today (of course it helps there's a crappy sky out there).

Don

pophoto

Some H3DII-22 + HC 80/2.8

There's something so beautiful about this image (Beautiful woman, pregnant, wonderful background, these are the obvious ones, but the way the shot is composed, the lighting, the way the woman is sitting, etc.), I keep coming back to it and tell myself...."I wish there was a Like Twice button!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.