The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

For a change of continents - morning shot of billabong near St George Queensland, Australia.

IQ180 SK55LS - iso 100, 1 sec at f16 with fill flash.

Professional

I hope to shoot something with MF soon and post here, long time i just watch here and didn't post here, and the mission is really looks impossible to have impressed stunning shots as those you all posted here, will try my best i hope.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Horses for courses, eh? Well, I guess this is bringing a Clydesdale to the Belmont.

I was being a good wedding guest and staying out of the way, until the groom brought out his Graflex. :bugeyes: It was well after sunset and getting dark, but the photographer had an LED panel. Not to be outdone (well, ok, only slightly being outdone) on the inappropriate camera front, I brought out the Cambo/IQ140/SK 35XL. Even with ISO 1600 and pixel binning, the pictures were dark, noisy disasters. I would try to make the "MF, even when noisy, has a beautiful character" argument, but naaah.

Best,

Matt

Edit: The picture of the bride prints very nicely at 8x10, and I really like the shot of the bride and groom looking at the polaroids.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Horses for courses, eh? Well, I guess this is bringing a Clydesdale to the Belmont.

I was being a good wedding guest and staying out of the way, until the groom brought out his Graflex. :bugeyes: It was well after sunset and getting dark, but the photographer had an LED panel. Not to be outdone (well, ok, only slightly being outdone) on the inappropriate camera front, I brought out the Cambo/IQ140/SK 35XL. Even with ISO 1600 and pixel binning, the pictures were dark, noisy disasters. I would try to make the "MF, even when noisy, has a beautiful character" argument, but naaah. On the other hand, the polaroids from the Graflex didn't come out either.

Best,

Matt
don't forget that the ONE essential element in Photography is photons. When they are too easy to count, there is hardly any picture.
-bob

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
don't forget that the ONE essential element in Photography is photons. When they are too easy to count, there is hardly any picture.
-bob
Oh yes indeed. If I'd wanted to get decent pictures I would have taken the Oly OM-D out of the pack and used a lens that opens wider than f/5.6 :ROTFL: Instead, I just wanted to join the large dumb camera show. Juvenile, but /shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.